What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G900x question

Electrogunner

Well Known Member
Hopefully g3xpert is online. Need confirmation before I start depinning the d subs. I have the UMA 6 cyl mag bleed port tach sensor. The 900x manual says to use pin 15 in P701 connector which is 5v output which feeds some other sensors as well. Right now I'm using pin 16 which is 12v output, harness was made by a well known vendor that has done an excellent job. Want to confirm which output is needed as this harness is not the easiest to take apart. FYI typed this while jammed in the pilot side footwell 😁. Email [email protected]

Correct. The tach sensor is +5v. It connects to Pins 15, 3 and 12 of the GEA 71.

-Marc

QUOTE=Electrogunner;1321910]Hopefully g3xpert is online. Need confirmation before I start depinning the d subs. I have the UMA 6 cyl mag bleed port tach sensor. The 900x manual says to use pin 15 in P701 connector which is 5v output which feeds some other sensors as well. Right now I'm using pin 16 which is 12v output, harness was made by a well known vendor that has done an excellent job. Want to confirm which output is needed as this harness is not the easiest to take apart. FYI typed this while jammed in the pilot side footwell ��. Email [email protected][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Correct. The tach sensor is +5v. It connects to Pins 15, 3 and 12 of the GEA 71.

-Marc

QUOTE=Electrogunner;1321910]Hopefully g3xpert is online. Need confirmation before I start depinning the d subs. I have the UMA 6 cyl mag bleed port tach sensor. The 900x manual says to use pin 15 in P701 connector which is 5v output which feeds some other sensors as well. Right now I'm using pin 16 which is 12v output, harness was made by a well known vendor that has done an excellent job. Want to confirm which output is needed as this harness is not the easiest to take apart. FYI typed this while jammed in the pilot side footwell ��. Email [email protected]
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Marc,. Steve from Garmin emailed me back and said the G3X uses the 12v output but the 900x is different and should use the 5v as the manual states. He said to also check to be sure the correct port was used on the mag. I only recall one bleed port though. G3X team answering questions on a Sunday. Love their dedication for us.

Back