What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3rd option?

Deuskid

Well Known Member
David Clifford said:
Is anyone, or has anyone put a 13B rotary in the RV-9A? I sold my Cozy MKIV project and now have the engine I planned to install in it, a 13B Renesis. I still am undecided between the RV-9A or the RV-10 so i'm hanging on to the Renesis until I know for sure what my choice of power will be. Thanks for your thoughts. Dave

This was the beginning of a new thread and it got me to wondering:

It seems that RVs and Cozys [At least -7, -9 perhaps LongEZs then -10 and Cozy IVs] both 'get the job done' relatively well with trade offs as to which aspect one does better than the other. But for frugal, safe, fast, efficient x-c they are are on 'top'.

When I look at the numbers it seems BD-4s ought to be in the running but I don't hear much about them.

Why?

thanks,

John

Handling characteristics and overall performance might have something to do with that. Can't beat an RV for "total performance". :)

I was looking a the cozy, but decided against it because I wasn't sure I'd be able to turn out a good product. With the RV it shouldn't be a problem because I'm know more people who do metal work and it looks like it's easier to \finish.

Back