What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X touch engine time

Bavafa

Well Known Member
As a new pilot to G3X system, I have two questions that I wondering anyone can help with:

- Is there a way to adjust the engine recorded time? I had forgotten to set this up to record at the beginning and as a result it is off by around 3 hours.

- Also, is there a way to clear the set altitude bug after an altitude has been selected. Here is the scenario, I set the altitude bug for the A/P to reach and level off. Later on I am hand flying it either up or down. Each time I pass the pre selected altitude, I get a warning. If I can just clear that like when it is when the system boots up, it would be nice.

Mehrdad,

To change the engine time, boot the G3X Touch into configuration mode by holding down the menu key during power up. Press the "engine and airframe" icon, then select "setting" in the top tab bar. Select "engine time" . On the engine time page, press the menu key and which will pop up a menu to allow editing the engine time.

This process is discussed in section 35.4.27.30 of the G3X Install Manual which can be downloaded from here: https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-00G3X-00

Regarding the altitude preselect, there is not a way to remove the value once you have set an altitude. However, you can move it up or down so that the altitude alert does not go off if you are climbing and descending. If you are maneuvering, I would set the bug at 1000 feet below the minimum altitude as which you plan to be maneuvering. If you descend lower than planned, you would get an alert, which could help with awareness.

You can also disable the altitude alert sound in normal mode on your display by pressing Menu -> Menu -> Setup -> Sound. Set "altitude" to disable. Note, I really don't recommend doing this as you will have to remember to go enable the alert when you want it.

Thanks,
Levi Self

Team X Project Manager

Mehrdad,

To change the engine time, boot the G3X Touch into configuration mode by holding down the menu key during power up. Press the "engine and airframe" icon, then select "setting" in the top tab bar. Select "engine time" . On the engine time page, press the menu key and which will pop up a menu to allow editing the engine time.

This process is discussed in section 35.4.27.30 of the G3X Install Manual which can be downloaded from here: https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-00G3X-00

Regarding the altitude preselect, there is not a way to remove the value once you have set an altitude. However, you can move it up or down so that the altitude alert does not go off if you are climbing and descending. If you are maneuvering, I would set the bug at 1000 feet below the minimum altitude as which you plan to be maneuvering. If you descend lower than planned, you would get an alert, which could help with awareness.

You can also disable the altitude alert sound in normal mode on your display by pressing Menu -> Menu -> Setup -> Sound. Set "altitude" to disable. Note, I really don't recommend doing this as you will have to remember to go enable the alert when you want it.

Thanks,
Levi Self

Team X Project Manager
Thank you very much for the tip, I had gone to the config mode in the hopes to change it but it was grayed out so I thought not possible. I will try this and I am sure it will work as described by you.

I learning more and more of the system and liking it more and more. Really impressed by the A/P ESP function.

Back