What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting Fuse with Aerosport panels

rvanstory

Well Known Member
In process of building fuse for RV-10. I plan on using Aerosport interior panels wherever possible (side panels, tunnel console, headliner, etc...)

If any of the metal is showing, I'd want to paint these areas before adding the cabin top while fuse is open, but don't want to paint the whole thing if it's going to be covered with panels.

My question is, do I need to paint any of the fuse areas if using Aerosport panels? If yes, which pieces should I paint before the cabin top is installed?

Geoff at Aerosport Products has come out with some additional panels since I built my plane... but there are a few areas that you'll want to make sure it painted.

• Around the door openings, including the door sill
  • The fuse cross bar behind the rear seats
  • Possible the baggage bulkhead, depending on if you cover that or not.
  • The panels under the doors (Geoff now makes panels that cover this, but I'm not sure how much they cover... as I don't have them).
  • All the metal under/around the front seats, including the panel the stick passes thru (Mine are painted black, and I ended up covering the front top edge of that bulkhead with non-skid as I step there when entering the plane)
Those are the only areas I can think of off the top of my head, so YMMV.

Last edited:
Back