What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake Pad kit Question

Tankerpilot75

Well Known Member
I have an RV7A and I?m getting ready for my annual condition inspection and want to have a brake pad kit on hand ?just in case.? I know Vans sells the brake pad kit but I?d rather pay shipping just once for the stuff I will need for the inspection therefore I?d rather order everything at one time from Aircraft Spruce.

Does anyone know the Aircraft Spruce part number for this brake pad kit?

Either the Matco or Rapco brake liners from Spruce that Chris and Sam link above will work.

Just be advised that the Rapco kit does NOT come with the longer rivets (last time I ordered ~ 1 year ago) that you need for our brakes (MSC4-6) and only comes with the shorter rivets (MSC4-4). You'll need both. I ordered a bunch of the MSC4-6 so I get the Rapco liners as they're cheaper and I haven't noticed any quality difference.

Wouldn?t you know it.. the one time I had a plane with Matco calipers in the shop, I only had Cleveland pad kits on the shelf. Had to run across town to a truck repair shop to get the longer rivets

Back