What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

All Done.

Lyle

Patron
23r7sll.jpg
[/IMG]Well she's all finished. Took 9.5 years. I built and painted the plane. First flight was on April22/2017 and she flew great, no issues. I now have 10 hours on her flying off my 25 hours. As a side note to Canadian builders, apply for your certificate of registration early, it took 3 months from Transport Canada to get this done, ridiculous.

Lyle Clarkson
RV-9A
Medicine Hat, Ab
Canada
Flying!

Congratulations Lyle,
I was only 6 months ahead of you and still can't wipe away the grin ! Love the paint scheme you chose !

Nice! It is good to see another 9A get finished. It gives me hope! Great paint. I am working on that now. I just painted my fuselage and if it were an orange, it would look great. Not so much for a plane!!

How did you get yours so smooth? I spent all day Friday sanding and preparing to respray. Did you wet sand, cut, and polish?

Have fun with your flyoff and then the real fun begins!

Congrats Lyle. Great looking DIY paint job. I can appreciate the work involved in it and also the satisfaction.

All done

Thanks for the nice replies, having fun flyingoff the first 25 hours. Everything is working well.

Lyle

Wheel Pants

Congrats as well.
I do like the paint scheme.
Someone put a lot of time and effort on the cool wheel pants!
Enjoy the plane!

Congratulations

If you are ever flying up Villeneuve AB way let me know I would love to come look that beauty over, nice job all around looks great.

That must be a Catto prop, i tried finding out more on them but my RV 7 build is going to go the tried and true with a Sensenich metal. Do you think you will have any problems with weight and balance with the lighter Catto?

Great job

Nice! It is good to see another 9A get finished. It gives me hope! Great paint. I am working on that now. I just painted my fuselage and if it were an orange, it would look great. Not so much for a plane!!

"Orange-peel" is usually caused by too high pressure at the gun or holding the gun too close.

Back