What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder cable fairing(Long one)

KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,
Anyone know of a source for rudder cable fairings, the kind that extend all the way to the rudder stops?
Thanks,
Kirk

WOW Jimmy your stuff looks great, any chance you will be making any rudder cable/bar fairings for a 8? How about the wing fairings, any plans for a 8?
Thanks a bunch!
Kirk

We are looking for a RV-8 to mock up wingroot fairings on and to make our molds. The donor RV gets the first set free. How far along are you on your
-8? Where are you located? I have the rudder cable fairings ready for a test fit on RV-8s. I am also looking for someone with a RV-7 going to Sun-n-Fun. The owner of the -7 that we have the fairings on is being sent to Chicago for 3 weeks by his boss and that blocks out Sun-n-Fun for him. I would make a good deal to someone with a RV-7 if they would get them on and be at Sun-n-Fun.

Jimmy Cox
www.extremecomposites.com

Hey Jimmy,
I am finishing my last wing now and getting ready to start my QB fuse, so I still have a ways to go. But I would very interested in your rudder cable and wing root fairings when they are ready.
I would love to offer my 8 but I am in Pa,
Best Wishes
Kirk

Pass the word around that I am looking for a flying -8 to do the wingroot fairing on. This forum is mostly builders and I need a finished one. Watch our website. We will soon have pictures of the RV wingtip we are working on and I will get the cable fairing pics on it also.

Jimmy Cox
www.extremecomposites.com

Back