What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ELSA Airworthiness Snafu

f1rocket

Well Known Member
Monday is the big day, local FSDO inspector coming out Monday at 9:00 AM. Then last evening, I get a call from the inspector. In going through my paperwork and his "book" of instructions, he wanted to know where the Program Letter was. What? What's a Program Letter?

He said that his list of paperwork doesn't include the need for one, but the Operating Limitations refer back to one. A quick call to Van's and the lady who answered said she had one on her computer and she would email it to me. Well, she must of forgot because I don't have one in my Inbox.

What have other's done? Did you need one? Do you have one you could send me? I've got just today (Friday) to get this straightened out or I'll have to postpone my inspection.

Thanks for the very informative letter?I've downloaded into my database for the day when I'll need it. It does raise a question for me, however. I was under the impression that since I'm building N76012 as an ELSA (not E-AB), I wouldn't need the EXPERIMENTAL labeling, nor the boilerplate signage that expounds on the concept. Can anyone clarify for me?

Thanks for the very informative letter?I've downloaded into my database for the day when I'll need it. It does raise a question for me, however. I was under the impression that since I'm building N76012 as an ELSA (not E-AB), I wouldn't need the EXPERIMENTAL labeling, nor the boilerplate signage that expounds on the concept. Can anyone clarify for me?

The "EXPERIMENTAL" placard is the same for both. The "passenger warning" is worded slightly different.

Back