What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thanks MGL!

traynhr

My son and I bought a beautiful RV8 and have really enjoyed flying it. Recently, the MGL Odyssey has done a couple of "funky" things. My son went to fly it last week and the Odyssey wouldn't' boot up. After a long discussion with Matthew at MGL, it was decided that the unit needed to go back for repair. I talked to Matthew today and the unit is already repaired and on its way back to us. The repair cost is very reasonable and the unit is now completely upgraded and ready to go.

Thanks Matthew and MGL for great service and a great product!

Rob

My son and I bought a beautiful RV8 and have really enjoyed flying it. Recently, the MGL Odyssey has done a couple of "funky" things. My son went to fly it last week and the Odyssey wouldn't' boot up. After a long discussion with Matthew at MGL, it was decided that the unit needed to go back for repair. I talked to Matthew today and the unit is already repaired and on its way back to us. The repair cost is very reasonable and the unit is now completely upgraded and ready to go.

Thanks Matthew and MGL for great service and a great product!

Rob

Hi Rob what was upgraded in your odyssey?

Bill

Bill,

Upgraded is probably not the correct word. The software was updated and a video adapter with an intermittent problem was replaced. Several other suspect items were serviced. My point is that they did an amazing turnaround for a very reasonable cost. After owning a Bonanza with certified equipment that was technologically light years behind, took a long time to get fixed and cost a fortune to buy and maintain, this was a refreshing experience.

Bill,

Upgraded is probably not the correct word. The software was updated and a video adapter with an intermittent problem was replaced. Several other suspect items were serviced. My point is that they did an amazing turnaround for a very reasonable cost. After owning a Bonanza with certified equipment that was technologically light years behind, took a long time to get fixed and cost a fortune to buy and maintain, this was a refreshing experience.

You got to love experimental aviation! 👍🏻. I also own a odyssey efis that I'm sending in for some maintenance tomorrow. Was curious about upgrades. I love the efis

Thanks
Bill

I've known and done business with Matt at MGL USA for many many years. Always great service and support.

Thanks, MGL!

Matt helped me a couple years ago, too. My MGL Odyssey Gen 2 started fritzing out on a long cross country back to ABQ. He replaced several components and installed the newest firmware - back operational with a swift turnaround and very modest cost. 5 stars indeed!

Back