What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9A tank skins made into snow rake???

dwranda

Well Known Member
What do you do when you have almost 2 feet of snow on your garage roof? You do a quick search on google and see some snow rakes then say, "hey, I can make one of those." I had a couple damaged tank skins and with an hours work and the pole from my swimming pool equipment I had a perfectly functioning snow removal tool. With more snow possibly coming in the next couple days I had to get moving. The tank skin may not have made it onto the plane, but it is serving a purpose by not letting my garage collapse onto my project!! Here are a few pics and to keep this totally RV related the last pic is the current status of my 9A. Ready to rivet the tail.
wipukl.jpg
[/IMG]
s13les.jpg
[/IMG]
ncmjvl.jpg
[/IMG]
293ykcg.jpg
[/IMG]

We got about 2' of snow in a little over a day. I went from green grass one day to snowblowing the driveway twice the next day. Gotta love lake effect snow!!

Icicle Lights

I can't come to grips with the fact that in all that Winter-time weather, you still need Icicle Lights for effect! :rolleyes:

regards

~Marc

Back