What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Older RV Aileron's Mix-n-Match

BruceMe

Well Known Member
I suspect the 4,6 & 8 share the same ailerons. Can I replace an RV-4 aileron with a -6? I have a set of plans for both, the -6 calls out parts that aren't on "the list" anymore (A-60x) but there are correlating (A-40x) parts on "the list".

If not, I'll just re-skin the ones I have.

Thanks,

-Bruce

Just because the parts are not on "the list" doesn't mean they are not available. Give Vans a call, they may have a couple of the needed parts in a bin or, likely, they can stamp a couple out though that may take a bit of a wait.

Having said that, I think the 4 ailerons have a lighter skin but would otherwise be interchangeable, again, Vans is the best source for an answer.

Scott A Jordan

Yeah, I measured them. But they are made from the same parts. I think the -6 aileron is just a cut-down -4. But yeah, it won't work.

Just because the parts are not on "the list" doesn't mean they are not available. Give Vans a call, they may have a couple of the needed parts in a bin or, likely, they can stamp a couple out though that may take a bit of a wait.

Having said that, I think the 4 ailerons have a lighter skin but would otherwise be interchangeable, again, Vans is the best source for an answer.

Scott A Jordan

Thanks Scott,

Wish we talked more at OSH. PM me with how you got home?

-Bruce

Back