What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleveland Tools Squeezebox?

KPLU-RV8

I'm New Here
Looking for input from users on Cleveland Tools Squeezebox. Thinking of purchasing the system once Cleveland starts producing them again.

Best tool I ever bought, worth every penny.
Wish I bought when I first started my project!

RE: Hydro Pneumatic Rivet Squeezer

I noticed a while back that Cleveland Aircraft Tools has a place holder for the Hydro Pneumatic Rivet Squeezer but no longer sells any of the Numatx rivet squeezer products on the web site, but.....

From a quick look at the Numatx web site it looks like you can purchase the HPRS directly from Numatx (not the CAT squeeze box)

I have a standard pneumatic rivet squeezer and really like the the ability to gently feather the squeeze pressure but it is a heavy tool, difficult to get into tight areas and it only develops max pressure over a small range of motion that makes squeezing longer rivets a multi step process.

There have been many places during my build that the compact size of the Hydro Pneumatic squeezer and constant squeezing pressure over its full range would have been very helpful.

I really like mine.....

Looking for input from users on Cleveland Tools Squeezebox. Thinking of purchasing the system once Cleveland starts producing them again.
I have the box with the foot control and really like it. Dimpling spar flanges is no chore at all. I mount the head in a vice I have mounted on my work bench and with the foot control can dimple a spar in no time.
I've done a little riveting with the unit and it also works really well.
I did not opt for the Head for the Drdt2(?) because the manual lever system works just fine for me when dimpling skins.
It's rugged, sits on the floor, and gets moved around the shop mostly with my foot.;)

Back