What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Next meet

FlyFastJP

Well Known Member
I just bought my -4 and am looking for new excuses to fly. When's the next meet? I'm based at CXO.

These informal lunch meetings tend to be on the 3rd Saturday of the month, but they are informal and so don't happen every month. They are announced on this forum a few days ahead of time.

If you are based at CXO, suggest you also check out EAA Chapter 302 http://www.eaa302.org/ that meets there on the second Saturday of the month. It is an active chapter that I find well worth the trip from Sugar Land to Conroe.

Welcome to the RV Community
Dave Macdonald
RV-10 Finishing Kit Rec'd Nov. 2016

I may be doing a TX tour in my -4 first part of next month meeting up with a RV-6 flying bud from NC. I'll PM you after the new year as plans and wx are better known.

As Dave said, we try to do the 3rd Saturday each month, and mostly we just alternate between Carl's at Weiser and the Aviator Grill at DWH. Looks like we did EYQ last month, so I imagine we'll do DWH for January.

I try and post here the week before, but pretty often I get busy and forget, moreso now that I'm dealing with the aftermath of moving. I'm hoping to finally finish organizing this chaos the next couple weeks, and in February I'm thinking of hosting a hangar-warming in lieu of the normal RV lunch, and maybe putting my place into the monthly lunch rotation.

Maybe I should start posting about these monthly lunches in the Houston Facebook group - I know I see you posting there fairly regularly. Maybe we could drum up some more interest?

Yea, the Houston FB group is pretty active. My only problem is that the majority of the time the folks fly during the week when I'm at work. Dammit!! I see other RV's when I'm at the hangar (CXO) on the weekends but I don't really know anybody. Just trying to find some others that only have a day a week to fly like myself.

So the 3rd Saturday is just a few days away. Will there be a meeting this month?

Dave M.

I won't be able to make it. My throttle and mixture control cables have stiffened up enough to warrant replacement. New ones will be here Friday. I'll be working at the hangar Saturday. Come by CXO for a visit if you have nothing else to do.

I'm finally getting settled in at X09 (Covey Trails), and am starting in on the RV-6 empennage.

How do I find you on Facebook, so I can get plugged in?

Cheers,
Chris

Unless a few folks respond that they will attend tomorrow, I'm going to assume that there won't be a lunch get together this month.

Thanks
Dave M.

Back