What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

pull up resistor

TShort

Well Known Member
I am starting to connect all the devices to the G3X system.

Can someone post a picture of exactly how you connect / wire up a pull up resistor for the active low inputs on the GEA 24?

I see how it connects on the wiring diagrams, but am curious how you actually connect it.

Google has been no help...

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

i solder a length of wire to both ends of the resistor, put the whole thing in heat shrink and put one wire to the pull up voltage bus and the other in with the wire to be pulled up at its terminal end.

bob burns
RV-4 N82B

Looking at the GEA-24 specs, the inputs can be configured active-high or active-low; they don't seem to require an external pull up. from the G3X install manual:

-----
23.5.9 Discrete Inputs

The GEA 24 has 4 configurable discrete inputs that can be used as either Active High or Active Low. These inputs are configured by the GDU (refer to Section 31.4.18 for GDU 37X systems and to Section 32.4.25 for GDU 45X/46X systems).

When configured as Active Low, the inputs conform to the following specification:
Active: Vin < 3.5 VDC, or Rin < 375 Ω
Inactive: Vin > 8 VDC, or Rin > 100 kΩ

When configured as Active High the inputs conform to the following specification:
Active: Vin > 8 VDC, or Rin > 100 kΩ
Inactive: Vin < 3.5 VDC, or Rin < 375 Ω
-----

For the active-low case, a switch closure to ground will satisfy the conditions; no external pull-up is needed.

If you want to do a pull-up; Bob's instructions are correct.

Last edited:
Sorry, no photos of my installation, but I used a screw terminal strip like this one

TB100%20series.JPG

I installed ring terminals on the wiring to the EIS, and just turned a loop in the resistor wire to mount under the screws.

I was able to install all resistors on the strip, and all wiring to keep things neat.

Back