What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hudson River SFRA?

Ivan Kristensen

Well Known Member
I am hoping to fly the Hudson River SFRA in the next couple of weeks and wondering if anyone know of new rules implemented as a result of the Trump Tower TFR?

It looks like there is a small TFR around the tower but not extending over the river when the President is away which obviously is much larger when he is present.

I flew the river two years ago and wrote the FAA test so I am familiar with the rules as they were then. Violating a TFR, much less a presidential TFR, is not some I want to do so any hints or help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Practically you are not touching it flying the Corridor. Some airplanes trying to stay mid river northbound on a busy weekend may create a concern for tour helicopters. I haven't heard anybody violated the tiny TFR. You can always get the Skyline route you will be in constant FF mode.

Hudson River

Thank you Vlad, this confirms what I have found so far. Now, as long as the President is not in NY the day I want to go I should be fine.

BTW, I have been following with interest your flight across Canada, Alaska and beyond. An Epic journey to say the least. Your stop in Edenvale CNV8 Ontario is a short 20min flight from my home field at CYKF. Any time you find your self back in SW'ern Ontario please drop me a line so I can buy you a beer or lunch or both...

Thank you Vlad, this confirms what I have found so far. Now, as long as the President is not in NY the day I want to go I should be fine.

BTW, I have been following with interest your flight across Canada, Alaska and beyond. An Epic journey to say the least. Your stop in Edenvale CNV8 Ontario is a short 20min flight from my home field at CYKF. Any time you find your self back in SW'ern Ontario please drop me a line so I can buy you a beer or lunch or both...

Thank you Sir. Will do.

PS. the TFR is for the First Lady not POTUS and it's permanent. When the President is coming to NY it's the whole new system of flying restrictions and you really don't want to be near. I am based at the inner core where GA flying is prohibited.

watch out for the baseball stadium TFRs too.
P1020245.jpg

I am hoping to fly the Hudson River SFRA in the next couple of weeks

Just be aware that currently they are planing for a POTUS TFR out of Bedminster 8/3-8/20 so that will shut down the corridor too (as well as Vlad unless he evacuates first as he is in the 10 mile circle).

You already got the answer to your question. The Trump tower TFR is a none issue watch out for stadium TFRs.

Oliver

Bedminster POTUS TFR

Just be aware that currently they are planing for a POTUS TFR out of Bedminster 8/3-8/20 so that will shut down the corridor too (as well as Vlad unless he evacuates first as he is in the 10 mile circle).

You already got the answer to your question. The Trump tower TFR is a none issue watch out for stadium TFRs.

Oliver

Looks like my trip will have to be postponed until after 8/20

Flying in from Canada I will need to clear Customs. I have cleared at Allentown and White Plains in the past. Any suggestions for Customs and cheap fuel would be great. Thx.

Ivan.

Looks like my trip will have to be postponed until after 8/20

Flying in from Canada I will need to clear Customs. I have cleared at Allentown and White Plains in the past. Any suggestions for Customs and cheap fuel would be great. Thx.

Ivan.

FYI the NOTAMs are out they start on the 4th end on the 20th. There are two. The arrival one does cover the Hudson River SFRA the main one actually excludes it explicitly. So you could still fly the corridor but the south exit looks pretty tricky.

Be careful. Couple of weeks ago we had 22 violations in one weekend... .

Oliver

Back