What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 - Tate Reeves / Small Hands... Big Help!

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Small Hands…

For those of you that don't know Tate Reeves, allow me to introduce you to a very fine young man. Tate is DR’s son, he’s eleven years old, and he’s in the fifth grade.

The first words out of Tate’s mouth when he entered RV-Central last Saturday and got a glimpse of the RV-1 was “WOW!... THAT’S COOL!”. And yes, he said it loud enough for everyone in the hangar to hear! Needless to say, he put a smile on everyone’s face and it wasn’t long before he was snagged and put to work.

I had prepared several paragraphs describing my feelings as I watched this fine young man receive and follow instruction and complete several tasks on the RV-1, but decided to just let the photos speak for themselves. I will share that personally it was a dream come true at many levels. Enjoy!

>> Click on photo for link to Picasa Album

Last edited:
Li'l Tater is a good-looking tot. Must get that from MOM. :D

One pic made me cringe, though. Lying under the plane, drilling up -- with no safety glasses? Been there, done that ... and paid the price. Little aluminum shavings in the eyeballs are no fun.

DR, get that kid a pair of safety glasses!

Well done, Tate.

Man am I jealous Tate - not only did I have to work on Saturday so I couldn't make it up to work o the RV-1....but I had to wait until I was THIRTEEN to work on "Real" airplanes - and tube/fabric ones to boot!

I can relate to how much fun a kid can have getting started in aviation - enjoy!

Paul

Looking good, folks. I'm really bummed that the weather didn't behave here at College Station but it looks like there was no shortage of man- (and boy-) power. Next Friday, the women will come in and see what we can contribute.

I see there was a caver (or BCI fan) there. Sorry I missed you!

Looking good, folks. I'm really bummed that the weather didn't behave here at College Station but it looks like there was no shortage of man- (and boy-) power. Next Friday, the women will come in and see what we can contribute.

I see there was a caver (or BCI fan) there. Sorry I missed you!

Stan is a caver for sure..about 35 years. And don't feel bad about weather. At least you got weathered in at home. Stan and I are sitting in a hotel room in Tyler...darn.

And don't feel bad about weather. At least you got weathered in at home. Stan and I are sitting in a hotel room in Tyler...darn.

Lookin' at the ol' weather forecast, you probably just want to stay where you are...for a couple of days! Ahhh...the sacrifices we make for the RV community!

Thanks!!

Ernie, thanks for the report, and photos.

Doug, looks like you been raising that kid right-----(both of them it sounds like)

Back