What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB 16-04-10

tomkk

Well Known Member
The SB says "... this caused other unintended minor errors within the electrical system. ...". Anyone know what these "minor errors" are?

My Skyview won't always boot up when I turn the master on. Probably happens about 1 time in 4 or 5, but almost always starts up on the second try. Haven't been able to track down the cause, but perhaps related to this SB?

RGMWA --

Read the SB. I suspect that it does not apply to your version of the Skyview suite due to your "delivery date"?

Last edited:
RGMWA --

Read the SB. I suspect that it does not apply to your version of the Skyview suite due to your "delivery date"?

Yes, I'll have to go back and check my paperwork David, but Feb 2014 sounds about the right era for my avionics from memory. Could have been a little earlier though. The SB notwithstanding, has anyone else had an intermittent boot-up problem?

rgmwa --

In my RV-12 with SV, I turn on the SV just before I climb onboard so it is all warmed-up and the screen is fully functional as I buckle-up my belts. I push the left-most (#1) button on the SV to turn it on. Do you use this method and do your issues occur whether you use the #1 button for initial SV start-up or the aircraft's Master Switch / Avionics Master?

Hmm. After a flight I normally use the left button on the SV to switch it off before turning off the master. Next time I turn the master on, the SV boots up immediately, but occasionally it doesn't. When I cycle then master it almost invariably boots up the second time. It's not a big issue, just a nuisance. It did reboot itself in flight once, which was a bit disconcerting.

Skyview startup

Yes I have the same issue.
Maybe 1 out of 10 times my #1 SV does not start up, cycling off and back on has always worked. The #2 SV has never had an issue.

Mine are on before starting the engine. On shutdown of the engine and master power they are still running on battery backup, after a few seconds I shut them down holding the left button.

I haven't contacted Dynon about the issue, guess I should to get to the root cause.

Gary

I love the "remove" PFD to get to switch panel d-sub...you bloody **** have to remove everything to get to the d-sub:mad:

not easy to get to'

They say 2 hrs to do this project. Not a chance. I,m still trying to get the cost for the WH-00121 harness and trying to find out if it is needed. Mine is the dual G3X Any one tryed this?

They say 2 hrs to do this project. Not a chance. I,m still trying to get the cost for the WH-00121 harness and trying to find out if it is needed. Mine is the dual G3X Any one tryed this?

That's what I have...you have to remove xpndr, radio and gdl 39r to get at d-sub on switch panel along with un-tangling a whole bunch of wiring bundles.

Just take 3 deep breaths...whistle a happy tune. The only good thing is I'm also installing the GPS 20a upgrade...which requires you to do a little wiring changes in the same area. Also, while I have the switch d-sub, I'm going to tap into the ptrim wires for control stick hat switch function.

Then maybe I'll get to finally fly this thing.

G3X vs skyview

Does anyone know if the "minor errors" apply to the Skyview or the Garmin systems? Does any one have a Garmin G3X system and doing the 20A upgrade?

Back