What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

elect. schematic

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
i have spent hours trying to download and open the program that runs the schematics. on 2 of our computers. finally, i e mailed the file to a blueprint shop and of course they opened it and printed it on 4 pages for me. much handier for me than a computer screen. but what got me was he offered to send the file to me in a pdf form that i could open. he did and i opened it no problem. van's would save a lot of people a lot of grief if they would just do what the blueprinter did to the file.
or, would be no surprise, i am the only one that had a problem.

I got tired of having to use that viewer, so I saved the one that applies to my plane as a PDF. Lots better, and usable on my tablet in the hangar.

Just helped a friend with an electrical issue on his 12. I agree the PDF conversion works best. We were able to use it on an iPad in the hangar while working.

Pdf

I'm in exactly the same process as you, Bob!

Is it possible for you to email me the PDFs, please?
It would be a great help!!!

Thanks in advance,

elect schematic

i e mailed the filr to one person. as soon as i find out if it went thru and opened i will send it out to others.

elect schematic

anyone who wants a paper copy can get hold of a blueprinter who has the program to open vans file. [any printer with modern eqp. has it.] direct the blueprinter to the vans site and tell him which file you are interested in. he can print it on 4 pages for you. black and white is $7, color is $20 something. i did fine with no color. also gave him $20 for his trouble.

I'd appreciate a copy of the pdf files as well. I've been able to use the basic files but not on my tablet in the hanger.

Thanks
tomkk at hotmail dot com

Anouncing the new and imroved.....

The process is underway to get the RV-12 electrical schematics posted to Van's web site as a .PDF file.

They should be available there very soon.

Electrical System Diagrams

I see that the electrical system diagrams in pdf format are posted on Vans website. Has anyone had any of these printed on a paper size that is readable? I certainly don't mind the cost of having one printed, as long as it would be functional. I was thinking about 24" X36". Comments??

Tom

The process is underway to get the RV-12 electrical schematics posted to Van's web site as a .PDF file.

They should be available there very soon.

Please keep them in the .dwg format as well(it looks like you already did). I may want to revise mine at some point.

I downloaded the pdf file from Van's website. Wanting to be able to read it easier than scrolling around on the computer, I printed it out on my color printer using the "poster" format. This produced 24 - 8/1/2" x 11" pages that I taped together creating a schematic 44" x 51". Very easy to read now, especially when following a wire that goes from one side of the paper to the other.

I decided to go the Office Depot route, and have them print me a standard E size color print (36" X 48"). It was less than $10, and looks pretty good.

Tom

Back