What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ivoprop

BradC

Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative with the props from Ivoprop? It seems that their magnum series may be a viable prop option. Cant seem to find anything to speak of in the archives with the exception of one mention about instalation on a rotax powered kitfox. Thanks for the input.

Brad

May be fixed now, but they lost a few blades about 4 years ago when used with any proper aircraft engines. Apparently the bladdes would shatter at the root, and as often happens, when one blade let go, the engine would tear the mount off the aircraft.

The IVOs are not recommended with Lycomming engines due to the high vibration levels inherent with their design.

The IVO experiences with Rotraries in a number of plane designs have been positive in quite a few cases (popular with the canards), as long as cruise over 180mph is not planned, due to high drag related characteristics from the center section of the prop (the "adjustable part" is at the ends of the prop).

I assume reports from the Subi's will be positive due to their smooth characteristics, but do not have any information to that effect. FWIW, I plan to use one in my rotary powered 9A.

Back