What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Capacitive sender wiring

whittfic

Well Known Member
Patron
I have installed Westach supplied capacitive senders to my fuel tanks and am installing a Dynon EMS. I have the Dynon capacitance voltage converters but am not sure about the wiring process with these.

The senders each have two black, one yellow and one red wire. The adapters each have one black, one red and one white wire, while EMS has a single wire designated for each tank. How is all this joined up?

I'm guessing there are instructions that come with the senders but if so, I have long since lost them. As always, any and all help from those who have already been down this path gratefully received.

Clive Whittfield
RV6 (very!) slow build

Clive,
Find or reprint the Dynon EMS manual and read about fuel sender inputs.

Get the Westach installation information from the westach website.

You have extra parts that you do not need (which causes confusion). You do not need the Dynon "convertors" because the Westachs already include that function. They output 0-5 volts to the EMS.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill. As is often the case, if I had done as you suggest right from the get-go I would have saved myself a lot of head scratching. All became very simple once I looked the right place.

Clive

Back