What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lakeway (3R9) question

Rick_A

Well Known Member
A friend that of mine invited me to stay at the timeshare he is renting in Lakeway the week of Nov 15th.

I checked the info on Airnav and it looks to me like there are tie-downs available and open to the public during daylight hours. ( I actually thought it was private before I checked Airnav).

Is there any other good info to know before flying in there and parking a couple of nights?

Nice field, nice location.

They are really serious about the no landing/takeoff at night, or even remotely close to night thing.

-Dan

Very nice little airport with an interesting approach landing from the north. You'll like the place. Sometimes on weekends it gets pretty crowded. Don't be surprised when several folks will want to check out your plane while tying down or getting ready to leave. Everyone is very friendly. There is a small parking fee if you don't buy gas. The gas is reasonable so fill up. It helps keep the place in operation. I go there several times a year. They are very serious about that take off and landing thing at dark. You will receive a citation if they catch you.

Tie downs are available, watch for deer on the runway. I think Enterprise will drop a car if you need one.

Thanks for the info

Thanks. It will be fun to get down to the Austin area again for a few days.

Hope the weather co-operates.

Back