What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Branson RVs?

Bud K

Well Known Member
We're getting ready to retire to our airpark property in Shell Knob, MO. Who lives around the Table Rock area?

There is one RV-8A at PLK (Clark downtown) one RV-4 at Gimlin 18MO. I do not think there are any more local that I am aware of. I currently have a Aeronca Champ at PLK (nice airport, nice people) not a very active area for RV's down here (not that I have found anyway) we have a fairly quiet EAA chapter based out of Springfield Mo.

Shell Knob

Bud,

We don't live there full time but spend the summers and most holidays in Shell Knob. Flew off of snow covered grass leaving there a few weeks ago after Spring Break. I fly out of Turkey Mountain MO00. What airpark are you moving to?

Andy

My parents live in Branson. I'll be visiting soon with a new RV-6.

PLK is a nice airport. One of my dad's friends has a huge collection of airplanes in one of the large hangars that is worth seeing if the doors are open.

Branson West is a new airport that is also quite nice.

That area is beautiful, but I'd sure hate to lose an engine over those rocks and trees!

I have an RV12 40 miles from Branson, home grass strip in Arkansas. EAA chapter 775 is pretty active, Flippin AR (FLP) and the next-door aviation community at Vally Airpark.

Neighbor!

Bud,

We don't live there full time but spend the summers and most holidays in Shell Knob. Flew off of snow covered grass leaving there a few weeks ago after Spring Break. I fly out of Turkey Mountain MO00. What airpark are you moving to?

Andy

Andy,

We will be neighbors. I just finished building a hangar at Pilots Point. Do you have a hangar at MO00?

Fellow Hoosier

My parents live in Branson. I'll be visiting soon with a new RV-6. QUOTE]

Vince,

We'll have to get together sometime. I was born and raised in Evansville, IN. I plan on visiting my sister who lives outside of St. Wendell, land at her's neighbor's grass field.

The desert's not much better!

That area is beautiful, but I'd sure hate to lose an engine over those rocks and trees!

The desert's not any better. If the heat, cactus, rattlesnakes, lack of water,.... don't get you, the drug runners coming up from the border will.

I fly in and out of Cassville (94K) quite a bit in the summer. I have a cabin about 20 miles upstream on the Roaring River arm. Don't believe I have seen another RV in Cassville. Nice area, used to waterski a lot under your airport on that long straightaway just across the lake from you, very nice area.

John Koonce
RV 10 N78MU

KEOS Neosho MO

We have an RV6 and a RV12 UL Powered, Based in Neosho.
Welcome for a visit at our hangar.
We may be listing the RV6 for sale soon.

RV-4 in Kimberling City

Watched a youtube video of a RV-4 flying into Kimberling City. Also remember seeing a RV-4 at Peninsula Airpark in Shell Knob. Maybe there are others in the region, if not here on the forum.

Springfield MO

I'm up in Springfield MO, beginning preparation for an RV-14 build.

Are there any builds going on in this area, currently?

There is one RV-8A at PLK (Clark downtown) one RV-4 at Gimlin 18MO. I do not think there are any more local that I am aware of. I currently have a Aeronca Champ at PLK (nice airport, nice people) not a very active area for RV's down here (not that I have found anyway) we have a fairly quiet EAA chapter based out of Springfield Mo.

Hello!
I'm heading to PLK tomorrow AM for an overnight and sightseeing. I'm have a RV-12, work at Scott AFB, and base out of ALN. There are 5 or 6 RVs here.

Going to try to hanger it overnight with the FBO.

Best Wishes fellow RVer.

Doug Johnson

Back