What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Team X introduces the GTX 45R and GTX 35R ADS-B transponders for experimental

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Team X is excited to announce this new series of remote mount transponders specifically for the experimental and light sport market. Some key highlights listed below.

gctduisCwYjBtKQtr5fcm8hIn7zuOgC8Ocy3SUbJpNVQs3D2LRH-Ke-nTfxpDlDNd5CDFOW02NGMGZuHw2qv01Tm2h0qvE2s-8r9-bnjo9NW6VOMs8Hw9hNrzOQ78qNfPI-ou_aU36Y5i3NLQdviEBWNEojwSredPK6x1cOPwKHMuIYO_F76k_jbUappxt3p3HPQbkcm876dLjjv_kn5JEVGpx4ghitRBZrq2fCT5lrAcKlDbERh7VIPz72fuKvajvL4PtijpeYaZw1P9H1EBmKWcz6BY-iyphIS0ksW7Vh4o-VvkOIwrmEttn4ACNvKAojWlqIRVPOnLCgUuWcL5G9uS5TtlCi2S0oDL-oD_kqJTnXxkqf-1tK2sLmFwhLSwQzYJK3bm8UrEvh3OXNTot9SHSAsRPn1tuByTRwYYq7KMxSmclZYlOyXeu6MEYoYE_-aMJMY23uQKiT6Rn37cYuQWN6Bf6P7truMkPjGjijdkIQGU0hZlxsFTDvy-V8XWtdjho3zD6SWyXxQJgMWjDXN4F1mv3f40gcbAtFONv9J-RLLNEG83yTASoAFT6IKScVsER5j6uNC9a8spaM9f575q4N9F6w=w271-h176-no
74v6kjbXzZ4hl7rxkIITxZQhz1zFEW4YgjUb8TbB69UlGHz5l8bNAZ3GLGuvu6cNhjb4zB2jHnkn3Em4AVTMqF_fqFMLMjEeBXv8MqDhh8-q8nI7bUn2E7o1tvzKPIjNRNZTcf1KyxxxZPIsOYcIjOdLIG8vlGWWwb2TJgnNPSJ0QdApmyISF51L-fX9VFhnA3NPZmY7kHpP62YXOOz_nMaAjqoImlD3sGPGHwTcHKucorBvLfmAf6a5ptOUeTcTK0aw9k9oRX2y3vpdxrYNzo2VZLFbnkqSo8claI9Pq5UquxpKu7zTJ4qBGhioR2SkKHn8o3C7pF0aBll7sdoe60LOUcPuS72oNxDje0LnnqNCGWUsztkQSaFAqrS8HJE8XLDH55I8HThEVEc54ZZiKkpONgHCGMDTyaOyJMjWdaq59UrYg3Y5_lUWt48tFeWSjJF5eT4TfqKl_-u2_wFtU4c1FDjp3XuwEnKKt6OchcjMxq04-frL1ifgAg5DLyJ_6a1vbkkdpovBGo3q6BhCwf8khUkemX9Sxy4Sd0VcvJwBjn2EKJwujEe_13wkXHnpG6P6Gat0Njn-wpBoBR4c1WLTpoPYJWs=w512-h292-no

GTX 35R

• Minimum advertised price, $2199
  • Replaces the GTX 23 ES in our lineup
  • Remote mount Class 1 transponder
  • Configured and controlled by G3X or G3X Touch
  • Nominal 250W Transmit Power
  • Meets ADS-B Out mandate with compatible GPS (e.g. GPS 20A, GNS 4XXW/5XXW, GTN 6XX/7XX...)
  • 1090 MHz ADS-B Out for worldwide coverage

GTX 45R

Everything about the GTX 35R above applies to the GTX 45R and the boxes have the same basic form factor. Additionally, the GTX 45R has the following features:

• Minimum advertised price, $3499
  • Built-in dual link ADS-B In receiver so you can see all ADS-B equipped aircraft without a ground station
  • Uses the same antenna for transponder and ADS-B functions simplifying your installation
  • Provides wired ADS-B weather and traffic interfaces for G3X Touch, GTN 6XX/7XX and GNS 4XXW/5XXW. Up to 3 RS-232 serial ports and the GTN Ethernet port are available for wired ADS-B weather/traffic all over the panel!
  • Built-in Bluetooth link streams attitude, GPS, ADS-B weather/traffic to compatible devices (e.g. G3X Touch, Garmin Pilot, ForeFlight, aera 795/796 and aera 660)
  • NOTE: Legacy non-touch G3X displays do not display ADS-B weather and traffic from the GTX 45R. However, they can perform the transponder configuration and control functions. Customers wanting display of ADS-B weather/traffic on their GDU 37X display will continue to use the GDL 39 series dual link receiver.

The following diagrams are examples of the transponder data interfaces only. Please see the G3X installation manual for complete details.

GTX 35R Diagram

GSAirm3hiCkH2va82zKmmrU4Zfmkdr4LOrUxVoPoegY4NKXnYzEhdImKHilYp1LUTXNHZ8yIuQvr6d-DUQbxlagRtvZlXPwEbpFHBNDuXnQpObe5f8Fgi8EdDCgR-3T6wVNT3gZTMqvXCZvywypNbwqYkE53I85Yl6vUiwTEfCzjZURIrpZPwumBebE8EQci0YsTbhzUAI56JO8BGgGVAhECbjZRYykVKJSWskDXVwHhg5VbFUDhzUvhAEfTA-Wq4igWAtVPStpeyjUoS-1H5wNEHmQtP5GE_Zs8InOxtgd5bhexeIWmA5DgnS4jCWZ4N9YhgZru58VjMCFruNBX92hepBZ5VNYePctX9htfnuGCHJSpAK2ClYt79fKhkp5VruXatWRuTDddYhJ5_YCW-kFw_ee8brStE04anxBbqAUWrGQWPOJ0NSJLfpap7FXV6F_1C7gxHPR8sOp22vqvAiCPOw6AnJZuNOS9d7YLf3M-r3JhLdb3ou8tcaXnlFDc784H0lp_8Oy1opMRYL5F7kyd4-BelNfqeEEomvA6F63lRAs6i1d6_imd-vc5gq9g4ILWBwrGTQkvbjXu3uKMnysMRiqflJM=w529-h606-no

GTX 45R Diagram with GPS 20A

DQ7jk03UnaD7rS9_QPdGytdr2jtJOAHxy1o-lz9qmFUfxJVsBXCl7jxBcXhsDDdnzkFSrHRrFHcdkhgpzYyMMJgeBGn5si0oCUMROOLt9fNAhkMMWo_XXvgypIv8oEEVagaYIBX1sEGYpagHv0V-5sC4JlRcdrDnjNsZI6FeLhFkLkZDt7RAWbZV4dEbrHuA0Zh-N9qbmHq3SNO9FJR7pWd6KGGcBJoxTvTvgZBgrmrAxLq6Q0VUJeqcJktzBA6kNa-kGP5WssmJjKv1I6XLBvGF888ADtmvkh6eEn9kIbYtFw06sPj6WinuSuOOWooL1J1HDIuMk0PQXhLcNXR672RDoscovGqatK-swcCxC31MEeV5NRsjbortJuPi-L4-LBIFkE4PMwWEBgA1hKdMyH3bgXsLlbq0BCiy_bY_fYWDgcRBC-UCnCDRlkRQgZa3hkTAvRypE_N8lOTROBkUtcNE-oVKleuQgG59sT8KerECiDAlWXyLF0J58dO3EEIAu4zoXOoYp_WNokbL6EVGXiFOZuj5a2q7vmANYMFmFoZl1R2uYEx8hSB4jqQTiW4eWc27lhASB6jI4_2UeUC_0YlY9EJykLY=w838-h612-no

GTX 45R with GTN 750

dTGJKh2YWkHvXQAEohBahILT6XdGw3iobakEl571is-md6ey6Fj36m7syCT5X1UVPlm-EnFq0Jlhy2QPz2MUjwlxnUXaeTjArTNlqO0HgDMTAosNm4vXsXf8Qk0TcfVTfqlUra1_3omQPlASracfex6cpfFTN-lstMDgjZYMGFpkuMMJt7nmaeUwUmD6IuSutMiK-eEG329D2DhAN-UODbob7VFA_O9ySy1btq3sEmBXlnlX8KHTN--SHRvmvwjOsCNqrod_Gca5qil3SNEOQyo8dsrzPV7dm7TmcQ_ivpevKCIpm-p8RvnQatFHr3APURKpKDKZdDF6O7nxBWpqwHRzzqlMyC1U9GDml3mYYdlmPwDlLfuXCxd7KK274fsUIfAlD61Q96I4ItBrJa_idu2ipzpIxLPkpeHIUs2pJfVzPYwhcs2OrThh1gFZlsa5IFxIpPSzYlHOl5u1BJ_tMJ0bXxY82qX_lnu7SElYmERp68IbYmjW8v1HyYdrlyyhb64ChM4zl5irqmIlbebme51n9da7OOstv30IoVCYHIFkoF10GcvuxSzxYjALJqc2tKgN5oVaFNoOWhMZAebEfxm4PhZFyH0=w837-h603-no

And last but not least, we are excited to announce that in addition to the GTX 35R/45R, our upcoming software release adds support for the GTX 335, 335R, 345 and 345R series. While we think most G3X customers will opt for either a GTX 35R or 45R, the GTX 3x5 series may be an excellent choice if you either a) really want a panel mounted transponder and/or b) want an ADS-B compliant GPS built into the transponder. As noted above, the GTX 35R and 45R require an external ADS-B GPS such as the GPS 20A, GNS 4XXW/5XXW or GTN. Also important to note, while choosing the GPS 20A does mean an extra box for your aircraft, it has some nice benefits beyond being ADS-B compliant since it lives on the G3X network and acts as another GPS source for all your G3X displays. Again, if you have any questions about what fits your situation best, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

8/11/2016 Update: New G3X V10.90 and G3X Touch V4.60 software released this week to provide integration with these new transponders.

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
Aaaaand I was 3 months early to the party. Oh well, if my GTX 23 ever dies I know what I'll be buying. Great news for "compact" aircraft like the -3/4, one less antenna and one less RG-400 cable is a big help! Kudos again Garmin!

I was on the very verge of writing a check for my avionics, I'm glad I waited!

Brian and Team X, how does the GTX 45R compare size-wise to the GTX 23ES? I didn't see an updated install manual on the Garmin website yet and I had been braining out how to fit the 23ES somewhere under my panel. I hope the 45R isn't any larger...?

Dave

I was on the very verge of writing a check for my avionics, I'm glad I waited!

Brian and Team X, how does the GTX 45R compare size-wise to the GTX 23ES? I didn't see an updated install manual on the Garmin website yet and I had been braining out how to fit the 23ES somewhere under my panel. I hope the 45R isn't any larger...?

Dave

The basic GTX 35R/45R dimensions including rack/connectors are 10.63" L x 1.72" W x 6.3" H. So it is smaller than the GTX 23 ES. Installation manual revision coming very soon.

Thanks,
Brian

Someone with more coffee in their system this morning do a breakdown comparison of this against the GTX 23 ES

Sharing the weather/traffic with my GTN stack is enough justification for me to want it

Last edited:
Currently have speced a system with Stein that includes the 23 ES and 39R. With the two that costs about 3k, what do I gain if I replace this with the 45R which would cost 500 more?

Someone with more coffee in their system this morning do a breakdown comparison of this against the GTX 23 ES.
Essentially you're getting a GTX-23ES and a GDL-39 in one unit. So...you'll have ADS-B Out on 1090, and ADS-B In on 1090 *and* UAT all in the same box.

Might be a little more expensive, but it'll save me time and money by not needing to install, wire and provide an antenna for a GDL-39.

Dave

Last edited:
Dave, just something to consider- my GDL39R will reboot randomly anytime it's bluetooth linked to my iPad, for those reasons, I don't use this functionality anymore (and frankly, with as much glass as I have, the iPad is extremely redundant and not very useful)

same goes with the Garmin Pilot to G3X via bluetooth...random reboots

For those reasons, eliminating the GDL39 and the wireless link requirement sounds great, additionally, the GTX 45R being wired to the GTN series to share traffic/weather, also sounds great

as for simply eliminating the existing functionality, i'd say they took this chance to redesign and reduce the number of potential chokepoints such as the ones i mention above

Brain,

For me it would be very helpful if Garmin put together a features matrix with all of the latest transponders. I'm trying to decide what will be the best option for me since I haven't purchased any of the related equipment yet. I don't have unlimited budget so I am looking at cost tradeoffs too.

Personally I still like the GTX345 w/ GPS for my solution (other than the price) but do I give up something since that is targeted at the certified market? I don't plan to have a navigator unit in my initial installation. So for me a table with the GTX35R, GTX45R, GTX335, GTX345 and maybe even the GTX23ES would be very helpful. I'm sure others could make use of this format of information too.

• Replaces the GTX 23 ES in our lineup

g3expert - Do you know when the GTX 23 ES will be discontinued?

This is exactly what I've been waiting for. I'm hoping a quick discontinuation of the GTX 23 ES will light a fire under Vans to update the RV-12 Garmin Avionics Kit with the new transponder as soon as possible. I'm ready to buy when it's ready.

g3expert - Do you know when the GTX 23 ES will be discontinued?

This is exactly what I've been waiting for. I'm hoping a quick discontinuation of the GTX 23 ES will light a fire under Vans to update the RV-12 Garmin Avionics Kit with the new transponder as soon as possible. I'm ready to buy when it's ready.

Future aftermarket orders will be switched over to the new transponder. Situations where our products are integrated into OEM aircraft are handled differently as we give them some time to make the transition. Please reach out to Van's regarding their plans and timing.

Thanks,
Brian

Currently have speced a system with Stein that includes the 23 ES and 39R. With the two that costs about 3k, what do I gain if I replace this with the 45R which would cost 500 more?

You gain the additional integration of transponder and ADS-B In/Out all in one box and thus reduction of one antenna as Thermos mentioned. Additionally, you add the ability to display ADS-B weather/traffic on GNS 4XX/5XX and GTN series as well as your G3X Touch displays. As mentioned above, 3 serial ports plus one Ethernet port equals a lot of hard wired ADS-B weather/traffic data for all your displays.

Thanks,
Brian

Brain,

For me it would be very helpful if Garmin put together a features matrix with all of the latest transponders. I'm trying to decide what will be the best option for me since I haven't purchased any of the related equipment yet. I don't have unlimited budget so I am looking at cost tradeoffs too.

There are so many variants and variations on what equipment is being installed, it often is simpler to work with us directly via [email protected]. We may be able to put together a large matrix (so many variants, I know!) but I'm guessing it would still fall short of a universal tool.

Personally I still like the GTX345 w/ GPS for my solution (other than the price) but do I give up something since that is targeted at the certified market? I don't plan to have a navigator unit in my initial installation. So for me a table with the GTX35R, GTX45R, GTX335, GTX345 and maybe even the GTX23ES would be very helpful. I'm sure others could make use of this format of information too.

You don't give up any features by going with the GTX 345 over the GTX 45R. And if you end up installing a G3X or G3X Touch system down the road, it will interface to G3X or G3X Touch with the same basic features and limitations as the GTX 45R.

Thanks,
Brian

Just trying to provide some customer feedback. There is confusion about all these combinations. Look at all the questions you are receiving

I'm sure I could dig through the published information and create a one page table that would be very helpful. I probably will have to do that for my own understanding of all of the combinations. It doesn't need to include every possibility just the most common ones.

Already have the holes for the G3x Touch units so I'm committed. Lol

Very Cool!

This will comeplete my panel and adsb solution, now to start saving...

Do you guys (g3expert) have any idea when the 45R will start shipping? Will I be able to get any sort of discount on this during OSH?

Jim

This will comeplete my panel and adsb solution, now to start saving...

Do you guys (g3expert) have any idea when the 45R will start shipping? Will I be able to get any sort of discount on this during OSH?

Jim

We expect to be shipping in August.

Thanks,
Brian

Feature Matrix

This table probably won't cover all situations, but at least highlights the basic differences between the transponders. I threw in the GDL 39R since the GDL 39 series is still an option for dual link ADS-B In. Again, please do contact us directly if you have any questions. Knowing what equipment you already have and what functionality you want, we can provide you a recommendation.

nrfk6BjuKE6tGrjAAfNbJKIGqCOb9TNABiRpfwJrICIx7O0xmt_8b3nPrtV3jVVfch0SoTXEbtDPpeBXlQMp58qHX_vFGbVALkgPb4_6_tblJ8l-om7qIFyZUd4fW8Na3lnL1uO_WxnFiRk-xldcl6jiW6LiTQrhP8PNmicIRt2rj4zolL48gXDvPr5gIc21XHjOjJ1JPcwSCjOSvZCxSWU_JvNh3l8NEWQ3scLroiSPm91_mD9HrvOuBn21kDtcXxajavzqJirDsUA8-xg_0HARv1KvYxxE97nOqrKDr52el0_yJvC9AsJ2oi81CsFo_Jj-z3zMRdoJqXVxPxYuafTVizrvKBcN97fsoMKvx0kmIRhHYgD97U24_ejSPw1TJqV81CGxbIEAbSf1dC3gAZ6C9naumsvKP1OsbiR9EgWG4_z9-d9kKIIDCmi13A10xrfPQ8mPYq8fenWDmgKOzUsX4JrdkPt0lXDC3Lj4_915k9s5-oTLGqQTM4sU6ceZZr4Q3rOPjLVnF_4ODRCvINaSWI0pHu73ykDxBfrjEaSBVrV_O_kLs5urpwDzWtQ89SVxtyGTY-GEDo4LRR4Cd0TwnrIuTKc=w994-h201-no

Thanks,
Brian

Brian,

Thanks. This is very helpful. It's just going to convince everyone that they need the most expensive box.

I'll start saving from my lunch money now. Around 2020 I should be able to afford it.

But what about us G900X guys???? Talk about feeling left out! We've had our avionics for years now and still no ADSB solution that displays in the cockpit. :mad:

~Marc

Very convenient that this came out just before I drilled holes for an additional antenna (would be my second COM, but now I can mount that where I had planned to mount the GDL39R antenna :) ).

g3xpert, just one question - would the GTX23ES+GDL39R combo have any advantage over this newer combined box?

Brian,
Was there a software change that allows wx to be displayed on more than one G3X GDU370 display.

No. The GDL 39 series will connect to either a single GDU 37X in a non-touch system, or GDU 4XX in a G3X Touch system. The connected display will be the one that shows ADS-B WX/Traffic. And the GDL 39 can also provide this data over BT to additional compatible devices such as GDU 4XX displays, Garmin Pilot, aera 660 and aera 79X.

Thanks,
Brian

Very convenient that this came out just before I drilled holes for an additional antenna (would be my second COM, but now I can mount that where I had planned to mount the GDL39R antenna :) ).

g3xpert, just one question - would the GTX23ES+GDL39R combo have any advantage over this newer combined box?

Perhaps the biggest advantage of going with the GTX 23 ES and GDL 39R (or in the future, the GTX 35R and GDL 39R) is independence. With the transponder / ADS-B Out and ADS-B In functions separated, loss of a single box won't take out all three functions which is what would happen if you lost the GTX 45R. Additionally, the combination of the GTX 35R and GDL 39R provides some cost savings over the GTX 45R.

Alternatively, advantages of the GTX 45R include a simpler installation, one less antenna, and the ability to hard wire ADS-B In data directly to more devices.

Thanks,
Brian

But what about us G900X guys???? Talk about feeling left out! We've had our avionics for years now and still no ADSB solution that displays in the cockpit. :mad:

~Marc

There is a pending G900X software release that adds support for the GDL 88. We haven't forgot about you!

Thanks,
Brian

@G3Xpert: Is Garmin going to have an upgrade / trade up program for current users of the GTX23R?

Last edited:
Brian What would you recommend with the equipment I already have installed. GNS480 GTX330 & G5 possibly a 345R..
Thanks

Bill, do you have a G3X or G3X Touch system installed or planned? With the GTX 345, your GNS 480 can be the ADS-B position source and the 345 would provide transponder, ADS-B In/Out all through a single transponder antenna. The GNS 480 does not display ADS-B In from the 345. For a complete list of products that can display ADS-B In from the GTX 345, see the compatibility tab on our webpage here.

Thanks,
Brian

@G3Xpert: Is Garmin going to have an upgrade / trade up program for current users of the GTX23R?

There is no upgrade program planned for the GTX 23 ES but we will continue to provide support for fielded units.

Thanks,
Brian

What is the difference between the 23ES and 35R? Is there anything gained if I swapped out my 23ES for a 35R, or are they essentially the same thing?

Thanks!

Jon

I posed the same question.

I have a yet to be installed 23ES for my project. I spoke with a team x member at the OSH Garmin tent and he said that there is no real functional difference between it and the new 35R.

What is the difference between the 23ES and 35R? Is there anything gained if I swapped out my 23ES for a 35R, or are they essentially the same thing?

Thanks!

Jon

Hello Jon,

The GTX 35R is smaller and lighter than the GTX 23ES, but otherwise is a certified 250W 1090ES Mode S transponder with ADS-B Out capabilities just like the GTX 23ES.

There would be no noticeable benefit to replacing a GTX 23ES with a GTX 35R.

Thanks,
Steve

Antenna clarification?

Hi Brian,

I was in the loop to buy a 23 and already have a 39 for use in other aircraft. I then realized there was only one signal out of the 39 for display of traffic to my G3X MFD, I would then have to blue tooth the MFD to the PFD for inset traffic even then there would still be no source for traffic and WX to my GTN.

I quickly realized that the 23/39 combo was just a interim solution. I have now purchased a 45R and waiting.

Don't see the install manual for the 45 on the Garmin site yet. Can you clarify what the antenna requirements will be?

I have already mounted a basic monopole (non blade, non garmin). Will this be compatible as previously stated and is this the only antenna specific to the 45?

Thanks
Jason

I have already mounted a basic monopole (non blade, non garmin). Will this be compatible as previously stated and is this the only antenna specific to the 45?

Thanks
Jason

Hello Jason,

The basic monopole should work fine. That is what I have on my G3X homebuilt with a GTX 45R installed and I get great performance from both ADS-B Out and ADS-B In.

Thanks,
Steve

What frequency band antenna is best for the GTX 45, the 978 or the 1090. I have the monopole but they are offered in both frequencies. Which one?

I would recommend the 1090 for the xpdr section which has the transmitter in it. (the 978 is receive only)

Last edited:
What frequency band antenna is best for the GTX 45, the 978 or the 1090. I have the monopole but they are offered in both frequencies. Which one?

Hi Rich,

You may use any of the 13 approved antennas listed in the GTX 45R installation manual that work for both 978 MHz and 1090 MHz.

You may also use any standard 50 ohm vertically polarized antenna with a VSWR < 1.7:1 at 978 MHz and < 1.5:1 at 1090 MHz.

Thanks,
Steve

Install manual?

I may have missed an answer already on this, but is there an ETA on the release of the installation manual for the GTX 45R? Or maybe it's already out and I just can't find it...

Team X,

Ditto on the installation manual...I'm at the point where I need to install structure under my panel to accommodate this box. Just tried the link on Garmin's GTX45R webpage, it's broken.

Dave

So, I'm curious, where does a homebuilder get the GTX install tool (P/N 006-A0271-01) and the GTX software updates which the manual says are on the Dealer Resource Center?

Hello Rodrigo,

Good question.

If you are installing a GTX 35R or GTX 45R transponder with a G3X or G3X Touch system all of the configuration of the remote mount transponder is done through the normal configuration mode XPDR page on the PFD, so the install tool is not needed.

We added thousands of lines of new code to G3X and G3X Touch systems to support the new and extensive configuration requirements of these new transponders so our customers would not need a computer and an installation tool to configure the transponders.

If you have a GTX 335 or GTX 345 panel mount transponder, the configuration is done through the front panel, and again, no computer or configuration tool is required.

Presently the only method of installing software updates is through a Garmin dealer, but we are considering other options.

We have been performing free software updates on GTX 23ES and GTX 330ES transponders for EAB customers at SNF and Oshkosh for several years, and will likely add support for these new transponders for those attending these shows as well.

Thanks,
Steve

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but after the latest update, my antivirus software is accusing an infection on the GTX45R PDF file - specifically, "Pdf.Exploit.CVE_2016_1091-2" which seems to be an exploit that makes Acrobat Reader (for those using it) execute anything an attacker wants when you open the PDF - anyone else seeing this?
I wanted to be sure so I re-downloaded the file from Garmin's website, but it still accuses the same and only in that file.

Hi Rich,

You may use any of the 13 approved antennas listed in the GTX 45R installation manual that work for both 978 MHz and 1090 MHz.

You may also use any standard 50 ohm vertically polarized antenna with a VSWR < 1.7:1 at 978 MHz and < 1.5:1 at 1090 MHz.

Thanks,
Steve

A little confused... I currently plan to do a full G3X setup with a GTN 650 as well as the 45R. I understand needing a supported antenna as mentioned but then does it share the GTN 650 GPS antenna or will I need another one specific to the 45R?

Thanks!

A little confused... I currently plan to do a full G3X setup with a GTN 650 as well as the 45R. I understand needing a supported antenna as mentioned but then does it share the GTN 650 GPS antenna or will I need another one specific to the 45R?

Hello Justin,

Your GTN 650 navigator will provide TSO WAAS GPS position data to your GTX 45R transponder. No additional GPS antenna for the GTX 45R is required.

- Matt

Back