What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The NEW Bose Pro earbud headset, Sun-N-Fun

ron sterba

Well Known Member
Did anyone get to try the new headset from Bose at Sun-n-Fun? It?s a half headset band and half ear buds with a controller on the cord like the A20. I bought the A20 but not happy with the OVER the ear headset because of the headband pressure. Usually after twenty minutes Iam adjusting the headband to relieve pressure.i have a 9A that I fly and was wondering if the Bose Pro knocks off the noise in a A RV.
Ron in Oregon
RV 9A

Better suited for jets

I spoke to one of the design engineers at SNF. He said it is more for the airliner market and does not have the same noise cancelling power as the A20. It would not be as good in our rv cockpits.

Vic

Old but unbeatable

I have used almost every ANR headset make and model available over the last 20 years. In the noisiest cockpit I fly in I will only use my old as dust DC H10-13XL. I can fly for 6-8 hours, get out for a meal and am happy if I have to get back in four a few more hours after supper. The LS Zulus are a close second, but not quite as quiet. The A20's are not as quiet as the Zulus , but are the lightest of the 3 and have the most accurate microphone. Your milage may vary.

Last edited:
Bose ProFlight

I tried them and WILL be buying them as soon as available. But, I'm buying them primarily for us in the fairly quiet A320 cockpit. The headset has a number of advantages over anything else on the market for a cockpit environment like that found in most airliners. But, I suspect it would not have adequate noise cancelling for the typical RV. I'll let you know. I'm hopeful it might work for aerobatics in the RV. The A20's won't stay on my head during aggressive aerobatics. The ProFlight is much lighter and just might work. I'm using Clarity's now - great for aerobatics - but they aren't nearly as nice as the A20s for any other flying.

Also keep in mind what happens if for some reason your batteries go out. This headset won?t have much passive noise attenuation should the electronics stop functioning for any reason.

Well I guess that settles that question on the Bose pro. Somebody should make a adjustable headband for pressure, I was informed I should take the Bose ear cushions off and go with the Oregon Aero ear cushions. Their website has a host of good feeling foam cushions for both ends of the body. Does anybody have those EAR-CUSHIONS from Oregon Aero?

Ron RV9A

Bose ProFlight

Randy

If you could post a pirep once you have tried the BosePro in the 320 i would appreciate it...

I fly a big RV from Seattle ( B-777 ) at work and it is really noisy..specially at high speed..

I tried the Clarity Aloft and didn't like them much..

Thanks

Bruno

Just looking at that headset it looks very similar to the bose quietcomfort 20 in ear active headphones ... I have a pair that I use when traveling on the airlines and they are phenomenal at noise cancelling.

Randy

If you could post a pirep once you have tried the BosePro in the 320 i would appreciate it...

I fly a big RV from Seattle ( B-777 ) at work and it is really noisy..specially at high speed..

I tried the Clarity Aloft and didn't like them much..

Thanks

Bruno

Wilco! They said they'd start delivering them in June.

I was informed I should take the Bose ear cushions off and go with the Oregon Aero ear cushions. Their website has a host of good feeling foam cushions for both ends of the body. Does anybody have those EAR-CUSHIONS from Oregon Aero?
Ron RV9A

I loved my Oregon Aero military helmet liner as well as their seat cushions, but I did not feel that the Bose A20 ear cushions attenuated the noise as well as the Bose cushions. I just replaced my OA cushions with new ones from Bose.

Back