What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aileron bell crank jig RV 7 -- W-730

RVTOY

Well Known Member
Yes, just painted but just feels like rigging slightly off. The plane was from an estate sale so I ended up not getting everything. So don't have the W-730 jig but it would seem that a measurement from the Spar to the bolt on bellcrank that goes to aileron pushrod should be sufficient. If I need tool is their someone out in SOCAL have one I could borrow for a day.
George
714-501-13ten

Yes, just painted but just feels like rigging slightly off. The plane was from an estate sale so I ended up not getting everything. So don't have the W-730 jig but it would seem that a measurement from the Spar to the bolt on bellcrank that goes to aileron pushrod should be sufficient. If I need tool is their someone out in SOCAL have one I could borrow for a day.
George
714-501-13ten

W-730 is only $3.85 from Van's...

Alternatively you can just fab up some spacers according to the dimensions on the plans.
Tom.

W-730 dimension

2-7/16 inches from aft face of spar to aileron pushrod bolt in bell crank.

Picture?

I'm finally up to the stage where I need the W-730 Bellcrank Jig, but for the life of me, we can't find it. I double checked the packing list (from 4 years ago), and it's listed and checked off.

Could someone do me a HUGE favor and post a picture of it? The figures in the RV-10 plans have it half hidden.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff,

When you end up buying one from Van's buy two. It really is much more convenient having two and they are cheap.

Back