What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans USB content

thoma015

Well Known Member
For those who have purchased the USB with all the drawings was your Electrical System Schematics folder empty? I ordered one for my 7 and it arrived today with nothing in that folder.

Last edited:
For those who have purchased the USB with all the drawings was your Electrical System Schematics folder empty? I ordered one for my 7 and it arrived today with nothing in that folder.

I have purchased six (6) different model USB preview plans. None of the six (6) are for the RV-7. Only the RV-12 has a folder for Electrical System Schematics. Only one out of six that I have has an Electrical System Schematics folder / directory.

I have purchased six (6) different model USB preview plans. None of the six (6) are for the RV-7. Only the RV-12 has a folder for Electrical System Schematics. Only one out of six that I have has an Electrical System Schematics folder / directory.

The Electrical System Schematics folder is a sub folder in the construction drawings folder.

The Electrical System Schematics folder is a sub folder in the construction drawings folder.

There is no "Electrical System Schematics" Folder in any subfolder / subdirectory including construction drawings on the RV-3, RV-4, RV-6, RV-8, and RV-10 USB preview plans that I have purchased. USB creation dates range from Nov 2012 to Mar 2017. Only the RV-12 that I have purchased has an "Electrical System Schematics" folder.

There is no "Electrical System Schematics" Folder in any subfolder / subdirectory including construction drawings on the RV-3, RV-4, RV-6, RV-8, and RV-10 USB preview plans that I have purchased. USB creation dates range from Nov 2012 to Mar 2017. Only the RV-12 that I have purchased has an "Electrical System Schematics" folder.

On the RV-10, its under OP Drawings. The electrical harness is OP-37.

Below are the wiring related OP drawings I have from the CD ordered in 2014.

05/05/2014 04:31 PM 329,461 OP10 Rv6,7,8,9 Wiring Diagram-Layout1.pdf
05/05/2014 04:31 PM 123,975 OP12 Rv6 Wiring Install-Layout1.pdf
05/05/2014 04:31 PM 143,935 OP30 RV-7,9 Wiring Install.pdf
05/05/2014 04:31 PM 112,715 OP31 RV-7,9 Wiring Install.pdf

My -10 USB has some stuff

My RV-10 Vans USB stick (oct 2017) has OP-37 Wiring that covers basic stuff and even give physical routing and Adel clamp sizes, as well as OP-55 giving wing tip electrical for nav and strobe lights.

The -10 OP-37 has a full schematic on page 13.

Last edited:
Vans USB question

Last summer I purchased the RV7 usb from Vans at OSH. I don?t want to hijack this thread but can someone tell me how to display and print only one page. My stick always displays two pages and I can?t seem to be able to get it down to one page. Printing two pages on one 8? x 10? is way too small to be useful to my old eyes. I?ve tried changing the ?view? size in windows.

Sorry for the question here on this thread.

What size paper are you trying to print it out on? Also, where are you based? I am also in OKC and would love to come see your 7 sometime.

Back