What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Wing Root Fairing Question

Chris Engler

Spending some quality time with the 8 build today and getting close to running out of things to do. Installed the right wing root fairing last night and all went well. Working on the left side today and noticed the rear fairing (top of wing) doesn't align with the trailing edge of the wing when the pre-punched holes in the fairing are aligned with the holes in the inner wing edge. The rear edge of the fairing is about an inch "short" of the rear edge of the wing.

The kit was a "build in progress" when I bought it so not sure if the previous builder trimmed the fairing to short or it's supposed to be that way. Given that the Mothership is closed today, thought I'd check here for the answer.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Trailing edge of the fairings are intended to be coincident with the T.E. of the wing skin (like your first side was).

Thanks Scott - that's what I thought and didn't see anything in the plans to suggest otherwise. Thanks for confirming....I'll get another one on the way tomorrow.

Back