What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kit hardware

tcbetka

Just ordered the RV-10 empennage kit today, but forgot to ask the mothership: Does the kit include all the AN hardware required (bolts, rivets, etc)...or will I have to order that stuff once the kit arrives and I get to reference to BOM list?

They told me it wold be three weeks or so before I saw it here, so I was thinking of things I might need to buy to get started.

Thanks.

TB

Kit includes hardware. Most people order some extra rivets, ?opps? rivets. You?ll need misc sealants, lubricants, etc. Primer, if that?s your choice.

Cool, thanks. Sounds like I can just get started with what they send and put an order soon after that. Great--appreciate the info.

TB

Yea, the emp kit has all the hardware you need. Unless you end up drilling out a lot of rivets you shouldn?t need any extra hardware. Opps rivets are a good idea but hopefully you won?t need them.

Later on in he plans you will need either pro seal or some VHB tape for trailing edges. Tools of course and any other shop supplies. Congrats on the new kit and enjoy building. The first kit is such a fun experience.

Thanks Brian, that?s good to know. I am in the process of putting together a tool list to buy. Being an A&P there are some tools I already have, but there are certainly a bunch I still need to purchase. I don?t have a DRDT-2 yet for example.

And so it begins...

TB

Back