What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 and the Spruce Goose

ArlingtonRV

Well Known Member
Friday was hotter than usual in the Pacific Northwest, but severe clear. We took a trip down to McMinnville, OR to visit the Spruce Goose and the rest of the collection at the Evergreen Air and Space Museum.

It's a nice museum with a lot of good displays, though recent financial troubles have cost them some parts of the collection. The Ford Trimotor was sold a few years ago. The B-17 and P-38 are gone. There was a BF-109 and a Spitfire there the last time we went through that are gone, but they are still doing a good job of keeping the place going.

This video was shot with a new GoPro Hero 7 Black. They advertise "Hypersmooth Gimbal Like Stabilization" and it is pretty good.

For reasons I can't understand the video doesn't seem to work in Internet Explorer, but works fine in Safari, Firefox, and probably Chrome.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nfgmHFmcfE&t=37s

I liked the video....I watched without sound (a hearing aide issue).
Loved all the shots of airplanes and especially the ones close to The Spruce Goose for size comparisons. After reading some written comments about some planes being sold to keep the doors open I was expecting much fewer airplanes than I saw. Being on the right coast, not sure I will ever see the Spruce Goose so Thanks for doing the video.
I posted on the U-tube channel too.
Thanks Again

They did a good job of filling the floor space so the missing airplanes aren't too noticeable. The PBY used to be outside and there was also an F-105 that used to be outside.

Back