What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visiting 52F - Student Pilot

Multiple questions here:

I've recently started building an RV-7 and would like to check out some completed RVs (all models) and projects that are further along than mine. I know there are many at 52F, so I thought maybe I could head that direction.

I'm currently a student pilot and am looking to get my second solo cross country in. 52F is over the 50nm requirement from my home airport and I figured it would be more productive than flying somewhere random for a $100 hamburger by myself. Questions:

1. Am I welcome at 52F as a student pilot? I see that the AF/D has quite a large remarks section including 'Non-based flight schools must obtain written prior permission.'

2. Will anyone with an RV be around and willing to show me their aircraft? I'm tentatively scheduled to fly this Thursday, 3/22, and would be in around noon.

Thanks,

Zach

1. Yes
2. Yes

...and welcome. Come to lunch with us Thursday. You can park your plane in my hangar.

v/r,
dr

Multiple questions here:

I've recently started building an RV-7 and would like to check out some completed RVs (all models) and projects that are further along than mine. I know there are many at 52F, so I thought maybe I could head that direction.

I'm currently a student pilot and am looking to get my second solo cross country in. 52F is over the 50nm requirement from my home airport and I figured it would be more productive than flying somewhere random for a $100 hamburger by myself. Questions:

1. Am I welcome at 52F as a student pilot? I see that the AF/D has quite a large remarks section including 'Non-based flight schools must obtain written prior permission.'

2. Will anyone with an RV be around and willing to show me their aircraft? I'm tentatively scheduled to fly this Thursday, 3/22, and would be in around noon.

Thanks,

Zach

1. Yes
2. Yes

...and welcome. Come to lunch with us Thursday. You can park your plane in my hangar.

v/r,
dr

...and if I don't make it there in time for the lunch push, I'll have KELLI GIRL's hangar doors open waiting when you return. We're in the row right behind the VanCave, next door to Richmond Aviation.

I'm always at the hanger workin on something RV, multipe RV7's I can show you anytime. Feel free to drop me an email with a heads up when you are coming.

PS: totally ignore the AFD comments!

Last edited:
Back