- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-21-2017, 03:14 PM

Really well done. Thanks
Flew her to Alaska and Caribbean Islands
Double VAF combat exclusion-made double contributions 2012, ........, 2017
Old 11-21-2017, 04:28 PM

Great job by the way, I sure enjoyed it.
Interestingly, this shows how inconsistent the FAA and the DAR's are, I flunked my first AW "inspection" because the wings were not installed (even though the DAR was fully aware of that prior to coming to "inspect")and you amongst others have got yours with them off. Seems to depend on wind direction and temperature mostly I guess.
Retired US Army Officer
http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....X&project=1903
Old 11-21-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonFromTX View Post
I flunked my first AW "inspection" because the wings were not installed (even though the DAR was fully aware of that prior to coming to "inspect")and you amongst others have got yours with them off. Seems to depend on wind direction and temperature mostly I guess.
Thanks Don, I understand your frustration. I was prepared to roll the fuse into the street and install the wings, but the inspector said it wasn't needed. He did scrutinize the wings in the wing rack. They were stored 'leading edge down', so he was able to work the flaperons and inspect where they attach to the torque tubes. I was lucky on that one. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:27 PM

Talking nice video

Paul, fantastic job on the video. Evie and I just finished watching and she kept saying "I remember when you did that", it brought back good memories of the build. The DAR out of Fresno FISDO has my paperwork so I'm getting close.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:26 AM

Paul,
Very nice—the plane and the video! You did an excellent job of capturing the experience of building your own plane!

VAF donation made for 2017
Old 11-22-2017, 01:42 PM

Fantastic!!
Old 11-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Forum Peruser

In addition to the completion of the RV-12, I offer sincere congratulations for going through heart surgery and then getting back into the air. With modern medical technology, especially for coronary vascular conditions, we are seeing more and more pilots able to "exercise the privilege" of flying.

As a heart patient myself, your story means a lot.

Thanks for the excellent video!
Pilots'n Paws Pilot
N79599/APRS Automatic Position Reporting System

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights;
it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

"It should be added that the sublime beauty of the facture brings within the realm of discourse the substructure of critical thinking. " -using Doug's Art Critique jargon link and my birthday, I get this!
Old 11-22-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv7boy View Post
As a heart patient myself, your story means a lot.

Thanks for the excellent video!
Thanks to all for the nice comments. I especially wanted to encourage anyone with a medical condition that could be safely managed! When I was considering getting current again, I never considered Light Sport (honestly, I didn't even know it existed). I just figured I would go get a fresh 3rd class medical and start flying again. That's when the symptoms started, which finally led to an angiogram and a quintuple bypass. Then I got excited about the RV-12 and Light Sport, until I found out I didn't qualify anymore because of my surgery. I was gonna give up, but decided I would fight for the one-time special issuance, then let that evolve into the driver's license/light sport medical. I was resigned to fly day VFR with only one passenger.

Then the miracle of BasicMed appeared and that has really changed the game. I love to fly at night and IFR/IMC, so in a couple months, I will let my 3rd class go and transition to BasicMed. You gotta love the EAA and AOPA for getting that pushed through, I still can't believe the latitude they give you under BasicMed. Now, hopefully, privatization doesn't pull the rug out from under all of us!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:54 PM

Paul,

What a great job! I was particularly impressed with the balance you demonstrated in characterising the various building phases; not sugar coating the difficult steps or minimizing the complexity of the project. Also I did not see a single error, mis-statment, or unsafe practice. The quality of the finished product and your efficient use of limited space should be an inspiration to others.

Dick Sipp
RV4,RV10, RV12
Retired USAF/Corp Pilot
Old 11-24-2017, 12:38 PM

Thanks to all for the very kind words. By the 4th time I watched this, I started thinking that this video was probably not interesting or helpful, especially to this community!! Thanks again for the warm feedback!