- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2017, 06:42 PM

Default Partain - yes

I've had the best service from Partain also. My experience goes back a few years so I can't vouch for the present.

Truck loads your kit at Van's back door and delivers it to your garage/airport - whatever. The driver knows how to handle the kit and how to tie it down - ie, 'up' stays up on the boxes. No forklift on/offs are involved. Very happy to recommend Partain. Only problem is if you want it yesterday or this week, Partain might not be able to accommodate your wishes. In that case, you are rolling the dice in my opinion with any of the shipping companies. Hope that this helps.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:23 AM

Default Update

As the original poster, I thought folks might be interested in the outcome.
After receiving the damaged part, Van's sent out another replacement, but this time they sandwiched the skin between two sheets of plywood, and secured it so it could not slide around. It arrived in perfect condition. Kudos to Van's for making it so easy on us builders when there is a problem with shipping, and also for taking extraordinary steps to ensure the part arrives undamaged; no easy feat given how poorly our parts are handled by the freight companies. This has put me 2-3 weeks behind where I would have been, but at least I'm making progress again.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:00 PM

I just got my 14A fuselage kit from FedEx earlier this week. Zero damage on the exterior (though a few footprints on top...), and no obvious damage on the interior. (I've unpacked all of the subkits out of the crate, but not opened them.)

Empennage kit came the same way to the same address, though that was through Old Dominion. No issues.

Then again, it only had to go ~250 miles to get to me from the factory...