Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2017, 07:04 PM

Thanks Iíll contact them and ask if they will review it for the SLSA.

They did approve the relocation of the VR earlier this year when I asked and I was the first SLSA!
Old 11-18-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Thanks Iíll contact them and ask if they will review it for the SLSA.

They did approve the relocation of the VR earlier this year when I asked and I was the first SLSA!
Sounds good. We have an installation manual already drawn up so they wouldnít even need to make a new one. Itís a very straightforward and simple install.

Have a great weekend
Steve

Please email us at aircraftspecialty@gmail.com with any questions.

Your Source for Custom CNC parts, CNC cut instrument panels and labeling, Teflon fuel/oil hoses, Headsets, and many other items for Experimental Aircraft.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:56 PM

UPDATE

Vans replied to me that they donít have any plans at present to approve and document relocating the oil pressure sensor to the firewall for the SLSA.

They did tell me that if Iím using the newer sensor in post 2013(?) engines then it is such that solid state improvements have increased performance and reliability.
This is likely true as in my case (2014 SLSA) Iím still using the original OP sensor but after checking the connections the EMS readings returned to normal.

Please donít shoot the messenger Iím just passing info on!

On a side not I flew an hour and a half with no screen rebooting by itself. I wonder if I caused the problem by too frequently adjusting g the k-factor in the air trying to get the fuel flow to read realistically, and. Y impatience caused the reboots.

I have to say a big thank you to Vans engineering for a speedy and thorough response, especially in a holiday week when theyíre shorter staffed. Greatly appreciated.