Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 12-06-2017, 11:29 PM

Default 7114 gusset

Hello all

im finishing up my fuselage QB and i realize the gussets that go on both the main spar and exterior against the gear fairing and side skin are not installed (7114 L & R) I have looked evrywhere in the manual and cannot find where it says these go in. do i install them now? is there a reason they are not installed as per manual as of yet?

i am also wondering about passing the Pitot and AOA tubing as well as wiring from wing to fuselage. The small hole that the drawings allows for below the pushrod hole is not big enough. is it acceptable or common practice to use the pushrod hole for this purpose as well? it goes without saying that everything need be secured not to interfere with the pushrod if so
Building RV7 #70770
Wings done
Empanage done
QB Fuse under way
Vans Airforce Dues Paid
Flying Piper Supercub PA18 150
Flying Cessna 414A
Old 12-07-2017, 07:42 AM

Default Its not just you!

You're not going mad Adam, the 7114 is not in the manual! When I was researching this I did find a thread where someone had called vans and they said you can install it whenever you like. After some head scratching I realised that this part is unique to the taildragger and takes the place of the gear mounts on the A model, so you really can't go wrong by drilling them when the gear mounts would go in. Once drilled they are set aside until the wings go on for good.
Paid 2017
Old 12-07-2017, 08:37 AM

I'm no expert, but I would keep the pushrod area clean of everything and only have the flight control push pull tubes running in there.