VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-15-2017, 03:59 PM

Default Lakeway?

How about Lakeway 3R9? I have a need to go to that part of town. Any info appreciated.

Thanks
VAF#812
Old 11-15-2017, 04:22 PM

[quote=tcard;1219145]

snip

Taylor is a nice quiet muni airport. The runway is good, but just taxi a little slower than usual on the parallel taxiway. It is a bit wavy in some places that can catch one by surprise.

snip

The taxiway at T74 is NEW and smooth. The taxiways have changed around on the S end, but not too much. The ramp 'has not changed'...new hangars are done, but not yet occupied.

Tanya - you gotta get out more.

"Not everyone needs a Rocket. Some folks, however, shouldn't live life without one.
You know who you are."
Budd Davisson, 1997
Old 11-15-2017, 04:29 PM

Default One caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX7A View Post
How about Lakeway 3R9? I have a need to go to that part of town. Any info appreciated.

Thanks
I haven't been there personally, but I do know they take their no ops between sunset and sunrise rule VERY seriously (civil twilight does not count at Lakeway).
ATP, CFII
VAF Dues Paid Dec 16
Old 11-16-2017, 01:16 AM

Default Great Info

Thanx for the info all. Sounds like southern hospitality (and BBQ) abounds near Austin. I'll post my experience here after my trip. If anyone has more info on Lakeway 3R9 please post. That is the closest to my destination. And NO plan to go into A-B.

Keith
RV 7A. RV #9700
Built in SoCal KCCB
N325KS
Phase 1 Completed Nov 2017
Old 11-17-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Boss View Post
Used to be Louis Mueller's was the top dawg. Not so sure anymore - the current operators have changed things up. Vencil Mares' place is lethally good, as is Davis BBQ.
Ed's Place has a great big ol' hamburger and fixins if you prefer that over BBQ. Randy's Ice House is another one in the lethal category.
There are more!
Thanks Mark, took the RV to T74 today and the crew car to Davis', would never have found that place if not for your post, it's off the beaten track, going to try the rest in the near future.

Cheers.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:42 PM

Default Austin Exec

Completed my relocation flight with Warner Robins GA my final destination.
Left Cable airport in SoCal at 7am. Made 2 fuel stops - Marana regional (KAVQ) AZ. Very nice airport with a cafe and self service pumps. Then on to San Angelo (KSJT) TX. Lots of jet traffic which got most of the ramp attention. I'll just say that I dont plan on stopping here again. Landed at Austin Exec at 5:45. They took care of me and the plane even with jet traffic arriving. Very good service. Reasonable self service gas and Low overnite parking of $10. Had great BBQ at the downtown Coopers.
Left the next morning with varying cloud layers and had to stop in Natchitoches (KIER) due to IFR. (Pronounced "Nak u tish" for us non-locals). Another nice GA airport with good service, a courtesy car and nice people. Actually spent the nite in the pilot lounge. Departed at 7 into clear skies.
Stopped for fuel in Moton (06A) AL. Great little airport with good service. Plan on going back to see the Tuskegee museum. Landed at final destination Perry Houston KPXE Georgia at noon with a welcoming party.
Had a great series of flights, great adventure and almost perfect experience for 2000 miles in 3 days with my son Kyle. The RV is a magical machine.
RV 7A. RV #9700
Built in SoCal KCCB
N325KS
Phase 1 Completed Nov 2017