VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-12-2017, 12:13 AM

Default Scat tubing on Vetterman exhaust

I have the Vetterman exhaust system which uses a heat muff at the front of the engine. My engine is injected and I don't see a clear path to conect the heating pipe from the exchanger to the firewall hater valve. Any suggestions how to route the hose and stay away from the hot headers? and away from throttle linkage?????Thanks Gary
Old 11-12-2017, 07:02 AM

I sat there and scratched my head at this point also, I have the crossover exhaust and angle valve, there are 26.5 ways to skin a cat but this was the best I could come up with, works great down to 10 F.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:13 PM

Thanks Looks like you have about an inch between the scat tube and header? Plus you have shield. You don't get any "cooking" of the scat tube? Also is there enuf room in the lower cowl for the loop of scat tube? I think I will need to use a similar arrangement, thanks for that photo. Cheers Gary
Old 11-12-2017, 03:27 PM

Gary,
I think I have the same exhaust you do on a O-320 Carb engine. I spent WAY more time on this than I should have. I think I finally got it figured out I had to have the carb heat and cabin heat flanges re-clocked to make it work. Email me and I will send you some photos if you want.

Good luck.
O-320 D2A
Awaiting DAR Inspection
Old 11-13-2017, 10:51 PM

yes please
sent you email
cheers G
Old 11-14-2017, 08:35 AM

On my IO-360 M1B horizontal injection, I ran the scat tube inboard along the right side of the engine just above the sump and below #1&3 cyls. It will tuck in there nicely above the data plate. Secure with Adel clamps and a few dabs of hi-temp rtv to prevent chafing.

Jake
RV7 #72018 N767T first flight 11/21/2017
2018 dues paid.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simatos View Post
Thanks Looks like you have about an inch between the scat tube and header? Plus you have shield. You don't get any "cooking" of the scat tube? Also is there enuf room in the lower cowl for the loop of scat tube? I think I will need to use a similar arrangement, thanks for that photo. Cheers Gary
Correct, no cooking, and plenty of room with cowl floor, a further note on the heat shields, they work amazingly well, better that I thought they would, I have my throttle cable 1" from the exhaust crossover and a lays on the heat shield, ( cable also covered in fire sleeve ) so far so good, no melted throttle cable and still moves freely