Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > International
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2017, 01:28 PM

.. yes, thats really cool! Eschbach is only 80 miles away from my home. May be i need to order only the Kit from vansaircraft, and don't care so much about all other stuff (VAT, shipment costs, delivery time). Perfect! But Tom, you are absolutely right. I will wait for sure with the ordering of power plant, propeller, and especially avionics..
Old 09-19-2017, 01:23 AM

may be this information will be useful for someone.

I have ordered the Empennage Kit only. Shipping quote to Cologne airport is $871
I also ordered RV10 Tool Kit from Planetools. Shipping $258 to Cologne airport

Now i am preparing the workshop and waiting for the Kit to start the build.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:01 AM

Hi Alex,
Im from Austria and I will order the complete RV-10 kit (except Engine and avionics) in a few weeks. I was in Aurora this summer and Im not sure, if you were there the same day. I spoke with a German guy who was also interested to build the 10. Here in Austria we get a customs exemption for fixed wing aircrafts. This thing took me much time to get but Im sure that I get it until next week. Do you have a customs exemption?
In Austria I will be the first RV-10 builder so I need to wait for my building permit until I can place my order. Without this permit its too risky for me to order such a thing
BR
Christian
Old 11-04-2017, 05:44 AM

Hi Christian,

No, i was not aware of any customs exemption, so did not raised a request for that. I went through the formal things and now i have a building permit. Actually I started not to build VS, going through the first page of the manual - 6-2.

How is your current status now? Lets stay in touch.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:52 AM

I am trying to get customs exemption on my engine/prop/fwf shipment. The EU common CDS system is extremely complicated, I sent in my application last week.

I know of other builders who has gotten exemptions for civil aircraft and/or parts to the same so it should work. Ill post here when I get any kind of feedback/decision.
RV-14 kit #140138
working on the finish kit
wings, tail kit and fuselage basically done
Http://magnusrv.blogspot.se