VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-13-2018, 01:13 PM

Default Skyview Software Update 15.3.3

Just FYI for SkyView users, Dynon has now posted v15.3.3 for download at http://www.dynonavionics.com/skyview...re-updates.php. This release, among many other things, supposedly fixes the issues with the SV-ADSB-472.
RV-8 #81077 Super Slow Build
Titan IOX-370, Dual P-Mags, AFP FM200A FI, Sensenich GA Prop
First Flight 11/20/2016
www.marksrv8.com
Old 03-13-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dickens View Post
Just FYI for SkyView users, Dynon has now posted v15.3.3 for download at http://www.dynonavionics.com/skyview...re-updates.php. This release, among many other things, supposedly fixes the issues with the SV-ADSB-472.
There is also a hardware fix for the 472. If you have one, you'll need to contact Dynon for a replacement.
Catto 3 blade NLE, FlightLines Interior, James cowl, plenum & intake, Anti-Splat -14 seat mod and nose gear support
All lines by TSFlightLines
NSDQ

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Patrick Poteen, Sgt. U.S. Army
Old 03-13-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
There is also a hardware fix for the 472. If you have one, you'll need to contact Dynon for a replacement.
Where are you seeing this on their website?
Old 03-13-2018, 04:19 PM

They mentioned it in the Dynon Forum 472 discussion... But they didn't give any information on replacements, just stating that production would begin and they would start shipping again.

From there Feb 28th response...
"If there's a caveat, it's that production numbers are going to ramp over the coming weeks, and there are literally hundreds of people out there that need a -472. Not everyone is experiencing performance issues with what they have, so in the coming days we'll figure out a mechanism for those of you that are especially frustrated to get some of the earlier production. Know that the coming SkyView software update also includes an update for all SV-ADSB-472s, so even before you get the latest hardware, you'll see some improvement from that too (it updates similar to how the transponder does, for what it's worth)"

Hopefully they put out something soon on a replacement plan for those of us that already have the 472.

Last edited by MercFE : 03-13-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFE View Post
They mentioned it in the Dynon Forum 472 discussion... But they didn't give any information on replacements, just stating that production would begin and they would start shipping again.

From there Feb 28th response...
"If there's a caveat, it's that production numbers are going to ramp over the coming weeks, and there are literally hundreds of people out there that need a -472. Not everyone is experiencing performance issues with what they have, so in the coming days we'll figure out a mechanism for those of you that are especially frustrated to get some of the earlier production. Know that the coming SkyView software update also includes an update for all SV-ADSB-472s, so even before you get the latest hardware, you'll see some improvement from that too (it updates similar to how the transponder does, for what it's worth)"

Hopefully they put out something soon on a replacement plan for those of us that already have the 472.
Yeah, I saw that when it was posted, but haven't seen anything that says they're ready for users to contact them at this time, which is what led to my question.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:18 PM

Just got our first 472 yesterday and installed it today. Looks like I had better put in the new software before going any further.

Bob
President, AviationNation, Inc
RV-9A N908BL, Flying
Old 03-14-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7A Flyer View Post
Where are you seeing this on their website?
It was posted by Dynon in their forum a few weeks back.
Catto 3 blade NLE, FlightLines Interior, James cowl, plenum & intake, Anti-Splat -14 seat mod and nose gear support
NSDQ

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Old 03-14-2018, 09:19 AM

Can anyone confirm that with 15.3.3, Skyview sends ADSB traffic and weather with Foreflight over WiFi? I know that a couple people have seen it work prior to 15.3.3, but it never did for me. Now they say sharing traffic is working, but I can't load the update yet due to a long trip coming up this weekend and a personal policy to make no changes with the aircraft immediately prior to a trip.

So, is traffic working for you? Does weather work too?
Old 03-14-2018, 11:00 AM

From the 15.3.3 release notes:
Fixed: Wi-Fi traffic transmission to supporting apps improved.

I haven't tried it yet. I usually have Foreflight running on my iPhone while flying, but I've never seen traffic or weather transmitted to it from the Skyview Wifi.

Does anyone here know how to set this up?
APRS Tracking for KJ6YRP and New Flying Blog
2018 VAF donator
EAA Tech Counselor
Old 03-14-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceh View Post
From the 15.3.3 release notes:
Fixed: Wi-Fi traffic transmission to supporting apps improved.

I haven't tried it yet. I usually have Foreflight running on my iPhone while flying, but I've never seen traffic or weather transmitted to it from the Skyview Wifi.

Does anyone here know how to set this up?
No setup needed that I am aware. Connect to the WiFi dongle with your phone, as you would for loading a flight plan. I had weather in FF previously, as did others, but nobody had traffic.

With traffic and WX on the Skyview, I don't have a need for either in FF but I imagine some back-seat folks would like to see it.
NSDQ