VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 PM

Default JPI EDM-350

Given that it's only just not being released, has anyone done any research on it?

I'm considering it for a full-panel overhaul and at 3-1/2" square, the size is great for all the features (if you order it full-house).

Otherwise, not sure how it may compare to the EDM-740, which does pretty much the same thing, only in a slightly-larger package.

Sam
Old 02-03-2018, 02:27 AM

Looks like a decent setup until I started adding in the options I wanted to see. Went from $800 to $3,000 very quickly.

I'd be tempted to look at the MGL offering..
Old 03-11-2018, 06:11 AM

Iím with Tram. With everything alacarte except the cht and egt. It basically prices itself out of the market. Looks neat though.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram View Post
Looks like a decent setup until I started adding in the options I wanted to see. Went from $800 to $3,000 very quickly.

I'd be tempted to look at the MGL offering..
I started with JPI (EDM 740). Now with MGL, though I went full EFIS.

The JPI gear is good gear and works very well, but it does get expensive quickly when you want anything more than the basic offering, and unless you know someone who knows someone, I found tech support for the experimental side ahem.... "sporadic" (putting it nicely).

MGL USA has a great guy running the show there (Matt).
Old 03-12-2018, 05:12 PM

I prefer EI (Electronics International) over JPI, in fact I like them so much I recently added a CGR-30P to my panel as I found the MVP50 which I've had for around 10 years to be a pain to look at sometimes on the RH side of the panel. I may eventually remove the MVP50 and just keep the CGR for all my engine monitoring needs. Before anybody asks I like having my flight intruments seperate from my engine monitor so I've elected to keep the EI stuff rather than put it on the G3X. I also think the CGR is a bit less than the JPI, and the support from EI is the best. The EI has also been absolutely trouble free for all these years... zero problems.

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
RV7A built 2004, 1700+ hrs
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154

Last edited by Walt : 03-12-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
I prefer EI (Electronics International) over JPI, in fact I like them so much I recently added a CGR-30P to my panel as I found the MVP50 which I've had for around 10 years to be a pain to look at sometimes on the RH side of the panel. I may eventually remove the MVP50 and just keep the CGR for all my engine monitoring needs. Before anybody asks I like having my flight intruments seperate from my engine monitor so I've elected to keep the EI stuff rather than put it on the G3X. I also think the CGR is a bit less than the JPI, and the support from EI is the best.

I have to chime in here and say, WOW!!! That panel looks amazing!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1chaelw View Post
Iím with Tram. With everything alacarte except the cht and egt. It basically prices itself out of the market. Looks neat though.
Agree. I don't see the value in this package/offering. You'd be further ahead to just go with the JPI-830, which is also certified (STC), but cannot replace existing gauges in a certified plane.
PlanePower Alt, FlightLines Interior, James cowl & plenum
All lines by TSFlightLines
NSDQ

"The object of the game, gentlemen, is not to cheat death: the object is not to let him play."
Patrick Poteen, Sgt. U.S. Army
Old 05-28-2018, 07:51 AM

Default JPI 350

I just installed the 350 in my -8. All the options did run the price up, but so far I am very please with it. Nice presentation, bright sun no problem. A lot of information in a compact package.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
I prefer EI (Electronics International) over JPI, in fact I like them so much I recently added a CGR-30P to my panel as I found the MVP50 which I've had for around 10 years to be a pain to look at sometimes on the RH side of the panel. I may eventually remove the MVP50 and just keep the CGR for all my engine monitoring needs. Before anybody asks I like having my flight intruments seperate from my engine monitor so I've elected to keep the EI stuff rather than put it on the G3X. I also think the CGR is a bit less than the JPI, and the support from EI is the best. The EI has also been absolutely trouble free for all these years... zero problems.

Are you selling the MVP50? I might be interested.