Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-28-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle View Post
I've been unable to get guidance as to whether what is shown in the following five images are cracks or scratches.
Just scratches in my (un-official) opinion.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 03-01-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHound View Post
I’m not the builder. Just thinking through the steps and early comments. Some posts indicate different kit contents, one or no clips, etc, and a couple pioneers indicate different HS removal process steps from sb steps ie; removal of HS horn cables rather than loosening cable adjusters. Perhaps the clips are not necessary and not intended if strict sb steps are followed, therefore the inconsistent amount of clips supplied - as in not really needed. Question I don’t want to hassle with the turnbuckles if the HS horn cable disconnection step in the sb is practical. Specifically, what makes one chose one way to deal with the cables or the other. I’m waiting on parts just trying to understand others comments and make best choices. Thanks! Doug in IL
Doug, I dont see that you got an answer to your questions. The removal and reinstallation of the HS can be a little tricky if you havent done it before. It is pretty hard to describe in text. I would be glad to try and help you if you want to give me a call at 518-774-4898. John
One Week Wonder Build Team, OSH 2018.
VAF paid through 10/2019.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 AM

Thank you Big John and all others willing to help non-builders keep all those fuselage placards shinny.