What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVPlasticParts

Wesflies

Any one know how to get in touch with someone at RVPlasticParts? I ordered the Flat Rudder Pedal Extensions Set in October and they have not been delivered. I sent two emails to the only email address I can find on the website ([email protected]) and no response. There are no phone numbers listed on the website that I can call. I'm not happy with their communication or customer service.:mad:

Last edited:
I mentioned that to Amanda and got her going. It may be time for a personnel change. Boys and computer games are causing interference. Well, that's life I guess.

Last edited:
Hey Steve, I had emailed her with a question about making bigger fairings for older style fuel drain vents. I didn't get a response either but it is way down on my priority list so was going to try again at a later date, but if you want to have her check her email could be an additional product as i know the JDair ones wont fit mine or my buddies RV4 drains.

Thanks

I placed an order for rudder pedal extensions and a Bose headset mount sometime ago. I have not seen anything yet. I?m not in a huge rush but from this thread it seems there have been a few distractions on Amanda?s part. All a normal part of a kid growing up. Enjoy your time with her while she still thinks you?re cool. Soon she?ll be 26 years old and could be living 3000 miles away and you?ll remember these days forever.

I placed an order for rudder pedal extensions and a Bose headset mount sometime ago. I have not seen anything yet. I?m not in a huge rush but from this thread it seems there have been a few distractions on Amanda?s part. All a normal part of a kid growing up. Enjoy your time with her while she still thinks you?re cool. Soon she?ll be 26 years old and could be living 3000 miles away and you?ll remember these days forever.

good advice. we are taking it slowly here.

Amanda gave me her order website and I'm checking your order.

It appears to have been delivered Oct. 12. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Bose A20 headset mount
Rudder Pedal Extensions
Fuel cap opener

Tracking Number: 9505515865179283379057
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 12:24 pm on October 12, 2019 in MELBOURNE, FL 32934.

Status
Delivered
October 12, 2019 at 12:24 pm

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

MELBOURNE, FL 32934

I mentioned that to Amanda and got her going. It may be time for a personnel change. Boys and computer games are causing interference. Well, that's life I guess.

I also ordered a RV10 aileron lock and when I got to the payment, it said that someone will call me. No one has and a followup email has not been answered. Can you publish a phone number where we can call in with Credit Card? Can you see what happened to my order? Thank you.

I also ordered a RV10 aileron lock and when I got to the payment, it said that someone will call me. No one has and a followup email has not been answered. Can you publish a phone number where we can call in with Credit Card? Can you see what happened to my order? Thank you.

No order received. No payment made. No one will call you for CC info. No money lost.

Waiting for order

I too have an order for an aileron gust lock for an RV-8 that has not been filled and have sent numerous e-mails to Amanda. I actually returned some parts and have a $10 credit towards the gust lock. I am also a parent and understand how life can get in the way.

Would still like to get the order filled if possible.

Aileron Gust lock, red, with bungee and hook.

Just a bit of a heads up on printing and selling 3D parts .. there is absolutely no money to be made without really building a big "printing farm". Parts take hours upon hours to print and at these prices I'm sure the time to develop the parts is never recovered.

I would consider anyone that does this, especially considering how little they are charging for the parts, very generous.

Just getting into 3D printing myself .. it's getting better but there's a long way to go .. and a fair learning curve.

thanks Amanda

Amanda is a Senior this year. Honor Band, plays Oboe, seated as second chair in the photo. No pop music for her, it's all classical. Straight A student. Engineering, Math and Physics courses this year. Goes to school on Senior skip day. Amanda has made and shipped hundreds of RV Plastic Parts to users. Thanks for your work to make flying more fun and less expensive. Thanks for working in the basement and putting up with crusty old guys on-line. (that would be anyone over age 30) Dad

DSCN1712_zpsrbefvjew.jpg

Last edited:
Good on her

As one of those old crusty guys, I'd like to publicly thank Amanda. I ordered an aileron gust lock a month or so ago and it arrived exactly as ordered within a week of my order. I'm sure she's busy, but I couldn't be happier with her service or the product. I hope she continues putting up with us!!

My parts arrived in Oct 12th and look great. Think it?s cool that Amanda and her dad found a way to do this together. It?s been a win for everyone :)

Amanda's new love

I think what happened to Amanda is that she found a new love. It's now metal instead of plastic. I'm OK with that. :)

DSCN1784_zps21r7nffc.jpg

Metal work means she well on her way to building planes even better and faster then ours in the future. awesome to hear she has such varied interests and stays active.

I was still curious if she could modify her drain fairings program to print larger ones to fit the larger bases of the older RVs. It is way down on my priority list so whenever you or her have time to look into it is fine. I got a set of the JDair ones but they don't fit. My buddies RV4 has the same larger bases so there could be a market for these. Again, have fun with your daughter, and glad to see she is a motivated individual, think she can train the teenagers in my house???

Metal work means she well on her way to building planes even better and faster then ours in the future. awesome to hear she has such varied interests and stays active.

I was still curious if she could modify her drain fairings program to print larger ones to fit the larger bases of the older RVs. It is way down on my priority list so whenever you or her have time to look into it is fine. I got a set of the JDair ones but they don't fit. My buddies RV4 has the same larger bases so there could be a market for these. Again, have fun with your daughter, and glad to see she is a motivated individual, think she can train the teenagers in my house???

Amanda is shifting gears and moving on to other things. I told her I felt like she was stabbing me in the heart. She smiled at me and gave me a hug. It took me a couple of days to recover. Perhaps she is the more intelligent one. A person involved with these small planes really has to have a passion for it. It can be a risky endeavor. I do it because I have a passion for it and I like to make parts. For me, designing and making things is a pleasure. Amanda was a big part of it, making and shipping parts. It made some money for her and she learned some things. That was my intention for her and it was successful.

My neighbor has a beautiful new RV4. I'll take a look at his fuel vents. If the current design can be easily modified to fit it, I'll do it for you. I'm streamlining the shipping process for RVPlasticParts in order to be able to ship from home. That should make all of this easier.

I have to choose my projects wisely. I've been interested in propellers for the past couple of years. I'm currently enrolled at the University of Dayton taking a composites course. Try gong back to college after 40 yrs... final exam is in a couple of weeks and the oral project is due a couple weeks after that. I'm going to design and test a composite propeller eventually. It will be a ground adjustable version. I need a hub. I am looking for a WW-GA-200L-72 hub but no luck so far.

Amanda I an spent a good portion of yesterday discussing drill bits for metal projects and we purchased some new ones for her because she was breaking them in her metals class.

Last edited:
Good thing to see

I love the fact that kids like Amanda and Tate Reeves are getting exposed to metal working and shop skills. It seems this exposure is a step to higher brain functioning regardless of the chosen career. In my neck of the woods, schools seem more interested in getting the kids to a prestigious school rather than teaching them how to think using the “ shop class” part of their brain. Surgeons and other professional fields needs kids with these shop skills, not just high SAT scores.

Back