What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB Autopilot

Cdebban

WTB... Autopilot. I'm trying to decide on a Trio Pro Pilot or the Tru Track Vizion. I would sure like some opinions. Which one is best and why???

Thanks a million

+1 for Vision 385. If you have a WAAS GPS you will love it! An old pilot once told me flying approaches (after flying them by hand) and then using autopilot is like doing long division by hand and then learning there is calculator that will do the same thing!

Servos

When I faced this choice, I went with the Trio because the servo was completely disconnected when the auto-pilot was off. The Tru Track had a "gritty" feel to the stick when the auto pilot was off.

This was many years ago and the situation now could be very different.

Trio Pro. I too like the slip clutch/ physical disconnect servo design. But they?re both good. IMHO it comes down to panel space. The Trio uses more panel space, meaning it has more knobs and indicators, so it?s a bit easier to use. The TruTrak has to multiplex some knobs, but it does use less space.
I also like the fact that you can use the electric trim thru the autopilot, with trim speed adjusted for airspeed, even when the servos are off.

EZ Pilot

I have a EZ Pilot and Alt Hold coming out of my RV4. I am installing a Dynon Skyview. I love the Trio and have it hooked up to a Garmin 496, I?ll let both of them go a $1,000. Customer service from Trio is excellent.

Back