VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Default TruTrak Gemini PFD

Iím writing to share my recent experience with TruTrak customer service. After buying their Gemini PFD about 5 months ago The unit went bad after approximately two months of use. The display completely stopped functioning. I contacted trutrak to have the unit shipped back for repairs and was given an estimated turnaround of two weeks, it has now been 6 weeks since they have had the unit and every time I call for an update it seems there is a different story as to what the problem is or was with it. Now I feel Iím getting nothing more that the runaround as to when it will be shipped back to me. I share this in hopes of saving others the trouble of terrible customer service. As for the unit itself I liked it when it worked and wish it was backed by a company that stood behind their products. There is absolutely no excuse for such a delay, if the unit has so many problems it should have been replaced.

Hector Blanco
N733LB - RV7
Old 10-12-2017, 06:42 AM

Default Gemini PFD

Hector,

You should just do a refund & get your money back. I had a Gemini PFD and I could never get it bright enough to be useful in my RV-4. Ended up getting a Garmin G5 that works great in bright cockpits and you can use it as an altitude encoder for the newer Garmin transponders. Heck maybe it works with other transponders too, don't know. It has an RS 232 output.
"Sure is nice to have smart friends"