VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-03-2017, 01:40 PM

Default FS: Garmin GTX330

Just pulled a GTX330 (non ES) from my C182. Upgraded to GTX345.
Works great, looks great. Included tray and other mounting accessories. $1200

Please call or text for pics.

eight 1 seven, three66=four25three
VAF Dues Paid 7/2016
Contribution Made 10/2016

Last edited by jfrank71 : 10-10-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Price Reduction
Old 10-03-2017, 03:34 PM

Frank,
I thnk you maybe asking too much for your 330 if it's not extended squitter. Upgrading a 330 to a 330-ES cost around $1,300 through Garmin. Last summer I took out my old 330 and installed a GTX 335 and eventually sold it for $700. I wish you well with selling your 330 but sometimes people are reluctant to "speak truth" because we don't want to offend. I'd rather be informed.

If your 330 is extended squitter your price would be very fair. However people can purchase a new GTX 335 with a complete installation kit (including WAAS antenna) through Steinair for around $2,000 and be ads-b compliant. I believe the sale price is good through December.

Wish you well!

Last edited by Tankerpilot75 : 10-03-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerpilot75 View Post
Frank,
I thnk you maybe asking too much for your 330 if it's not extended squitter. Upgrading a 330 to a 330-ES cost around $1,300 through Garmin. Last summer I took out my old 330 and installed a GTX 335 and eventually sold it for $700. I wish you well with selling your 330 but sometimes people are reluctant to "speak truth" because we don't want to offend. I'd rather be informed.

If your 330 is extended squitter your price would be very fair. However people can purchase a new GTX 335 with a complete installation kit (including WAAS antenna) through Steinair for around $2,000 and be ads-b compliant. I believe the sale price is good through December.

Wish you well!
Don't want to speak for Stein but I'm pretty sure the current promo price for the 335 is $2995.

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154
Old 10-03-2017, 08:39 PM

Sold one not to long ago when I upgraded my -10. Listed it at the same price. It did not take too long to sell. If anyone would like to make an offer, I would be willing to consider.

Thanks Walt for keeping things in check.
VAF Dues Paid 7/2016
Old 10-03-2017, 11:43 PM

Apples and Oranges.
I think you are comparing a used mode S transponder at $1500 with a new mode S-ES transponder PLUS approved gps for $3K.
OTOH, there certainly are good, new mode S-ES transponders that 'read' Garmin's ADSB+ format for around $2K (e.g., Trig TT22).
But your asking price is your business.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:23 AM

Tanker and Bob, if you are not interested in purchasing what I am selling, please keep you comments to yourself or send me a PM. But please do not hijack my thread with your unsolicited 0.02 cents. If I wanted to ask your opinion about my posting price, my post would have read accordingly.

If anyone is would like to make an offer on this GTX330 in great condition, I would gladly entertain it. Thank you for looking. Sorry for the drama.

Fly safe.
VAF Dues Paid 7/2016
Old 10-04-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrank71 View Post
Tanker and Bob, if you are not interested in purchasing what I am selling, please keep you comments to yourself or send me a PM. But please do not hijack my thread with your unsolicited 0.02 cents. If I wanted to ask your opinion about my posting price, my post would have read accordingly.

If anyone is would like to make an offer on this GTX330 in great condition, I would gladly entertain it. Thank you for looking. Sorry for the drama.

Fly safe.
Having worked with Frank quite a bit I can tell you he's a stand up guy, and I agree with him.

if you're not interested in what he's offering just move on, posting comments about what you think the value of a unit is in not appropriate and should be kept to yourself.
The classified section is not a forum open to discussion on perceived valuie.

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154
Old 10-04-2017, 10:23 AM

I actually enjoyed the discussion and learned something about the products out there. This website has never been a "buyer beware" forum.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Don't want to speak for Stein but I'm pretty sure the current promo price for the 335 is $2995.
Walt, you are correct - my error. My other comments I stand by. And Frank, I apologize if you feel my “comments” hi jacked your listing. I was just offering my opinion on price. I agree - let the market decide!
Old 10-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrank71 View Post

Fly safe.
You are correct and am proud of you for standing up. Good luck with your sale whatever it sells for.:-)