- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-19-2017, 07:48 PM

Default Not a weight problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyenforfun View Post
Ok thanks. I'm wondering if the weight might have something to do with my heavy wing. I'm debating removing them and weighing them.
Thanks again.
It can not possibly be a weight problem. You can fly with several gallons less fuel in one wing than the other and it is hardly noticeable. Once you have enough fuel imbalance to notice, the aileron trim takes it right out easily with very small adjustment.

The trim adjustment to fix a "heavy wing" is usually much greater. So it can not be from a physical weight difference.

What Carl said is right. The three biggest culprits are incompletely formed trailing edge bend, height of the aileron upper surface with respect to the wing upper surface, and warping/drooping of the fiberglass wingtip because it was attached with the ailerons out of rig.
IO-360 A1A
WW 200RV
"The Magic Carpet"
Hobbs 460 in 8 years
also LS-6-15/18 sailplane
Old 09-19-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyenforfun View Post
I will I will re-check what I have already checked twice before I am determined to find the key to this problem.it reminds me of back in the days when I used to work in the car dealership cars would come in with a rough idle running a little lean, so what is the first thing you do? You richen the mixture right? It makes sense so you do that and the problem doesn't go away so then what do you do? You increase the idle to overcome the rough idle because of the pour mixture . Although sometimes that would work or partially the real problem was that you had a vacuum leak if you find the vacuum leak setting the mixture correctly will be no problem . Do you see what I'm saying? We are turning up the idol because we can't find the vacuum leak . I WANT FIND THAT VACUME LEAK! ( metaphorically speaking )

Or, they secretly put in a cam that has increased valve overlap and the decreased vacuum and allows the power valve to open and richen the mixture through the power valve channel restriction in the metering block that have been opened up to cover the up the lack of fuel running through the too small main jets because they installed a too large of a max CFM carb
Old 09-20-2017, 12:45 AM

Lots of good advice.
First of all though....make sure the ball is centered!

https://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/Wing_Heavy.pdf
Sydney, AUS
Closed Thread