What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV=10 seats

Hey Kevin, in case no one else has said it, Welcome to VAF!!!

IIRC, the patterns are supposed to be included with the foam.

You could always check with Vans direct.

I asked Van's about this a few years ago since patterns were mentioned in the plans:

Oregon Aero don't appear to put any documentation in the seat box.
We called them to find out if they do have anything, but haven't
received an answer, so I assume that they don't have seat cover
patterns etc. Apparently we were optimistic when we assumed there
would be some documentation in with the seats

Vans

Thank you for the welcome.
I called van's today and they do not offer front set covers or patterns for the RV-10 they let me know that it would be an infringement on the set manufacture

Hounds forever.... ..... ... ....

Renewing old thread - RV10 seat cushion patterns?

Anybody have some seat cushion patterns they are able to share? My sister is a very talented seamstress but her love for me has it's limits.......said she will only sew my RV10 seat covers with a pattern:rolleyes:

Steve

Haha! I don't blame her! =)

I made mine from scratch. If you like the design, I can snail mail my homemade "patterns" to her. I don't mind explaining my process either.

Photo of my front seats

Hi Brandi. I will definitely take you up on that offer. Once I have the foam cushions in hand, I will PM you to work the details and have you talk to her. (This will probably be 6 months or so from now.) Thanks so much!!

Steve

Another option may be to use automotive seats.

I found Suzuki Swift seats fit almost perfectly in the RV-9, when you remove the steel frame you can slide the aluminium seat back in its' place and voila!
33990189430_f8298da69f_c.jpg

And testing them out for space available before I had an upholstery shop cut out space for the stick movement.
34243805791_6f3153e6fc_c.jpg

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...
I am beginning an overhaul of my IAR823 which is a Romanian 4 seater (Exp).

One thing I don't have is good front seats so I have been looking at RV10 seats or something automotive.

Any body know what an Rv10 seat weighs (as removed from a flying plane)?
Car seats are 24lbs and up with recline...

Thanks in advance.
Tom Johnson

Brandi, my wife too is going to try making seat covers. I understand the front seats come with foam but no patterns. Did you need a heavy duty sewing machine and any chance you still have copies of the pattern?

Thanks, Mark and Vicki
N278S waiting finish kit delivery

Back