Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-06-2017, 07:41 PM

Default FS: Lycoming O-360-A1A

Howdy guys and gals,

I have a Lycoming O-360-A1A that I got as part of a package with a Swift project I bought. The airplane is a couple years from flying, and will probably end up with a bigger engine, so I'm going to sell this one before it starts to decay.

Times:

17 Hrs SMOH
0 Since Prop Strike inspection (by FAA Repair Station, crank replaced)

Basically it's effectively fresh overhauled. Filled with oil until 4 months ago when I tipped it up on my engine stand to time the mags to it.

It has Superior Cylinders
Fresh Bendix mags
and Carb

$20K asking price.

$18K with no mags or Carb

I'm on the field with EFII, so I can have it outfitted with the hardware for their fuel/ignition system before you pick it up if you're going that route.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:27 PM

Default $ rv4 $

got ant more rv4 stuff, still have what I bought off you a few years ago, still collecting stuff.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:23 AM

I haven't run across anything else. My dad bought all my RV-7 stuff and it looks like he might get that going now that he retired.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxuser View Post
Howdy guys and gals,

I have a Lycoming O-360-A1A that I got as part of a package with a Swift project I bought. The airplane is a couple years from flying, and will probably end up with a bigger engine, so I'm going to sell this one before it starts to decay.

Times:

17 Hrs SMOH
0 Since Prop Strike inspection (by FAA Repair Station, crank replaced)

Basically it's effectively fresh overhauled. Filled with oil until 4 months ago when I tipped it up on my engine stand to time the mags to it.

It has Superior Cylinders
Fresh Bendix mags
and Carb

$20K asking price.

$18K with no mags or Carb

I'm on the field with EFII, so I can have it outfitted with the hardware for their fuel/ignition system before you pick it up if you're going that route.
I may be interested. I have an O-360A1A in my Comanche that was overhauled by Mattituck in 1998 with 1460 SMOH and 2 Lycoming Cylinders and 2 ECI Cylinders subject to AD, so I may be running on borrowed time. What is the total time on the engine (if known) and who performed the overhaul?
Old 10-12-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastinbill View Post
I may be interested. I have an O-360A1A in my Comanche that was overhauled by Mattituck in 1998 with 1460 SMOH and 2 Lycoming Cylinders and 2 ECI Cylinders subject to AD, so I may be running on borrowed time. What is the total time on the engine (if known) and who performed the overhaul?
I have the books with it, I'll look the total time up this weekend when I'm at the hangar. The overhaul was a field overhaul done by a mechanic at the Swift Museum when the airplane was getting rebuilt by them. The 17 hours were the ferry flight back here to the west coast, where the former owner promptly wrecked it again.

The prop strike inspection was done by Tim's Aircraft Engines in Long Beach. They're a solid shop. Engine has Millennium cylinders which I believe (but will have to look at the logs) were new 17 hrs ago. Engine got a crank, new bears, cylinder hone/rings and all the normal NDT during the prop strike inspection.

I'd also consider doing some kind of exchange for your engine if we can make the numbers work out.