VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-11-2017, 02:49 PM

Default Elevator trim tab

In a hast, I went ahead and primed (Akzo brand) the inside of the trip tab and the wage only to read that the ribs will be bonded and need to be unprimed. Just wondering did anyone else made my mistake and what did you do. One option is to sand the area to be bonded off or just scuff the primed area and bond it that way. I wonder how well things adhere to Akzo primed area or how hard is to remove the primer without really deforming the part. Also is there any other adhesive acceptable other than tank sealant which I take it that it means proseal!

Last edited by Bavafa : 10-11-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:28 PM

Not a big deal at all. I marked off where the wedge would go and used 400 grit sandpaper to get nearly back down to the aluminum. I think even a scotchbrite scuffing would suffice, as long as you got the area clean afterwards.
RV-10 #1750
N67SC reserved
http://n67sc.blogspot.com/
2016 Dues Paid