VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Default LED Wingtip Lights

In a moment of weakness at OSH last year I purchased a set of AeroLED landing lights with hopes that I could figure out a way to use them in the wingtips of the RV-10. Since then they've sat on my workbench.

So finally I got around to working out the details and this is what I came up with. I think it turned out pretty good.

http://www.rvten.com/finish14.asp
RV-10 - #576 - Phase One - (www.rvten.com)
Old 02-09-2011, 11:56 AM

[IMG][/IMG]
I just bought these and will be installing them on the RV-10 with wig wags. You got to love LEDS
RV-10 flying
Old 02-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Default Info

Hey Chad, I am not familiar with those? Who makes them? Still looking for a good landing taxi light thin, small wire, good visibility solution for mine.

Osh 11,12,15. Sun N Fun 2013. Flew to Cali/up pacific to Washington/Vancouver/crossed the Rockies east across Canada. North to Red Deer Alberta and Moosonee Ontario East to Maritimes Canada. South east to Jekyll Isl on atlantic, Cedar Key and Key West too! 3 trips and 12 islands of the Bahamas too! Flown turtles and dogs for Pilots n Paws too. Love our Rv's
Old 02-09-2011, 02:24 PM

The AeroLEDs website says that the Sunray Plus outputs 1000+ lumens, which is comparable to a typical halogen bulb. But the halogen bulb consumes 6 amps, while the LED consumes only 1.6 amps.

I'm also hopeful that the useful life of the LED is such that I never have to replace them.
RV-10 - #576 - Phase One - (www.rvten.com)
Old 02-10-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickWoodall View Post
Hey Chad, I am not familiar with those? Who makes them? Still looking for a good landing taxi light thin, small wire, good visibility solution for mine.
They are KUNTZLEMAN LANDING/TAXI/RECOGNITION (LTR) LIGHTS
They have to be brighter than the stuff Vans sends with thier kits. I bought mine from Spruce.
Kuntzleman web site says they have a money back guarantee if not satisfied. I will hook them up and give a report when I get them in.
http://www.kestrobes.com/beacon.htm#LL1
RV-10 flying
Old 02-12-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholladay View Post
They are KUNTZLEMAN LANDING/TAXI/RECOGNITION (LTR) LIGHTS
They have to be brighter than the stuff Vans sends with thier kits. I bought mine from Spruce.
Kuntzleman web site says they have a money back guarantee if not satisfied. I will hook them up and give a report when I get them in.
http://www.kestrobes.com/beacon.htm#LL1
I have been looking at these LEDs. I am interested on their performance in the real world. Please let us know.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:41 AM

Default Kuntzleman LTR / LED Lights

Kevin, did you have time to write up message regarding the performance of the Kuntzleman lights?? Thanks, Mark C. IL