- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2017, 10:37 PM

You bet. Glad to help, Julian.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:36 AM

Default SOLVED!

I have to give all the credit to Scott for making me recheck my work to clean the carbs. I dissembled and with a clean white rag in place blew compressed air into all the carb ports.

I stuck the air directly over the fuel inlet port and blew from both sides, finally I was rewarded with this on my rag !

I have no idea what the origin is, under a magnifying glass it looks like wood....

Flew the plane to Payson and back from DVT yesterday afternoon and the engine was great the entire trip (9500í). Off topic but Payson was 19knots Peak gusting 25, it was bumpy coming in to land but after adding half the gust to my final speed very smooth touchdown.

Scott appreciate your advice on solving this one, crazy that was the 3rd time I blew out that port. I know that what I should have done is measure fuel flow to the carb bowl as well as all my line tests, that would have shown the restriction. I did visually check the flow there but I didnít measure the volume as I had everywhere else.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azjulian View Post
I have to give all the credit to Scott for making me recheck my work to clean the carbs. I dissembled and with a clean white rag in place blew compressed air into all the carb ports.

I stuck the air directly over the fuel inlet port and blew from both sides, finally I was rewarded with this on my rag !

I have no idea what the origin is, under a magnifying glass it looks like wood....

Flew the plane to Payson and back from DVT yesterday afternoon and the engine was great the entire trip (9500í). Off topic but Payson was 19knots Peak gusting 25, it was bumpy coming in to land but after adding half the gust to my final speed very smooth touchdown.

Scott appreciate your advice on solving this one, crazy that was the 3rd time I blew out that port. I know that what I should have done is measure fuel flow to the carb bowl as well as all my line tests, that would have shown the restriction. I did visually check the flow there but I didnít measure the volume as I had everywhere else.
Looks like a biological to me.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maus92 View Post
Looks like a biological to me.
I have triplet granddaughters - 8 years old. Wife is constantly cleaning snots out their noses. They learned to run from her. I bet my wife can identify foreign material in your carb...
P/ASEL 1970 Sport Pilot since '04
80 hrs Flying Aeronca Chief 11AC
1130 hrs Flying 46 Piper J-3 Cub
LSRM-A Certificate 2016
RV-12 E-LSA #120058 AWC 7/12 Bought Flying 10/15 with 48TT - Hobbs now 317